Business Affairs ManagerApply Now Job ID: R0000066161 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Business Affairs Manager – Marketing
Date: January 2020
Target is an iconic, beloved and well recognized brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
Target Creative is the in-house creative agency dedicated to bringing one of the world’s most beloved and recognizable brands to life. Whether through design, marketing or brand work, we are the driving force behind delivering Target’s dynamic, inventive and unmistakable storytelling to its massive global audience. Our mission is to inspire a sense of joy, wonder and excitement, and to take our guests—and ourselves—somewhere new. Never resting on past wins or settling for anything less than extraordinary, our origin story built us to thrive in the competitive and changing retail marketplace. We tell a compelling and cohesive brand story, maximizing our messages across multiple platforms—whether via a digital art gallery or a new $1 billion children’s clothing brand. Operating as one fully integrated team in both the U.S. and overseas, Target Creative comprises the best and brightest talent to execute market-leading creative strategy, design, writing, video production, operations, digital, UX, social media and more. We leverage smart and rewarding external partnerships while closely aligning with our Target teams. Together, we tackle every creative challenge with our amplified strengths, ultimately bearing the groundbreaking creative work that helps make Target the decisive guest favorite, year after year.
As a Business Affairs Manager you will manage all business facets of content partnerships and production, including production and talent agreements, licensing and clearances, scoping legal issues and interpreting contracts as they relate to specific productions across Target Creative. This role will also manage influencer/talent approach, contract negotiations and to ensure consistency and holistic oversight. Additional responsibilities include acting as the liaison between business and creative teams, external partners and legal counsel to address and minimize liability/risk and create solutions. You will work across all creative production helping establish best practices and firming up all business affairs related processes.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in creative production and marketing contracts including talent (models, influencers, celebrities, etc.)
- Creative problem solver with minimum of 3-5 years prior experience in related positions in the advertising, entertainment or social media industry
- Broad understanding of advertising agency workings
- Industry knowledge about licensing issues in a wide variety of media
- Proven success in navigating the creative process in a creatively driven organization
- Ability to partner with Legal and others in the application of legal standards in marketing, including: production contracts, talent contracts, SAG-AFTRA, overscale/celebrity and non-union talent agreements, music licensing, clearances and licensing of third-party materials, right of publicity, and copyright and trademark considerations
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills; ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail
- Strong communication skills; ability to explain complex legal and business issues with clarity and simplicity to partners
- Ability to focus on both broad, strategic vision and critical details
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence in a complex organization, exercising sound strategic and business judgment in challenging situations
- Independent and proactive, ability to build trust at all levels in the organization
- Self-starter, able to identify needs and take initiative
- Agency business affairs experience preferred
- Paralegal experience preferred
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture