Creative Lead Project Manager - Digital
LEAD CREATIVE PROJECT MANAGER - DIGITAL
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Creative is the in-house creative agency dedicated to bringing one of the world’s most beloved and recognizable brands to life. Whether through design, marketing or brand work, we are the driving force behind delivering Target’s dynamic, inventive and unmistakable storytelling to its massive global audience. Our mission is to inspire a sense of joy, wonder and excitement, and to take our guests—and ourselves—somewhere new. Never resting on past wins or settling for anything less than extraordinary, our origin story built us to thrive in the competitive and changing retail marketplace. We tell a compelling and cohesive brand story, maximizing our messages across multiple platforms—whether via a digital art gallery or a new $1 billion children’s clothing brand. Operating as one fully integrated team in both the U.S. and overseas, Target Creative comprises the best and brightest talent to execute market-leading creative strategy, design, writing, video production, operations, digital, UX, social media and more. We leverage smart and rewarding external partnerships while closely aligning with our Target teams. Together, we tackle every creative challenge with our amplified strengths, ultimately bearing the groundbreaking creative work that helps make Target the decisive guest favorite, year after year.
Working within Creative Project Management, you will be a driving force in Target Creative by leading an assigned business. Design “how” Creative work is successfully accomplished within your assigned business to deliver the best guest experience. Bring your expertise in managing complex projects and obtaining exceptional results from cross-functional teams.
The principal duties and responsibilities of a Lead Creative Project Manager – Digital are to create end-to-end project development and execution strategies and methods within assigned digital channels. Project Managers act as first point of contact representing Target Creative to partners, maintaining strong working relationships with internal and external partners to aid the progression of the work and enhance the guest experience. Drive creative consistency and connect the dots between internal and external partners working on the same project by identifying gaps, remove roadblocks, clarifying roles & responsibilities, and facilitating connections. In addition to managing projects, Lead Project Managers play a role in annual planning and resource forecasting, process improvements and building a bench of Project Managers, as well as serve as a mentor/coach for Sr. Project Managers to help them achieve channel and business goals; consistently demonstrating passion for the brand and the team’s contribution to the overall success of the organization.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Have deep expertise in assigned digital channel/business, including requirements and constraints, necessary to assess project feasibility and create solutions to complex problems
- Establish and communicate detailed timing and deliverables by channel/business, with the ability to adapt and make adjustments as needed.
- Ensure clarity of roles and responsibilities of creative teams and partners throughout project workflow.
- Manage resource needs throughout the project.
- Demonstrate critical thinking to connect and align all work.
- Ability to manage and execute complex projects in many different stages and work with ambiguity.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and oversee project work of others and to provide meaningful feedback.
- Establish strategies with Senior Manager and other senior leadership for achieving channel/business goals that align to broader Target/Target Creative vision.
- Oversee projects of 1-4 team members with responsibility for ongoing coaching and development necessary to achieve channel/business goals.
- Partner with Senior Managers to identify Senior PM stretch assignments within assigned channel/business.
- Provide team members with clear direction and expectations.
- Recognize and reward outstanding team accomplishments.
- Engage and inspire team to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture