Data Engineer - Marketing / RoundelApply Now Job ID: R0000118023 job family: Business Intelligence Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
JOIN US AS A DATA ENGINEER – MARKETING / ROUNDEL
About This Opportunity
Join Target Data Engineering team where your goal is to provide simple, speedy and quality data solutions (data pipelines), which enable Target teams/leaders to make timely and accurate decisions.
The Data Engineer is responsible for the implementation of Data Sciences programs and practices to deliver relevant, timely and insightful information to the business. Accountable for developing code and configuring software that generates required data in support of reporting and analysis as well as foundational data sets for business units (i.e. Marketing, Supply Chain, Stores, HR, Finance, etc.) and other internal groups.
As a Data Engineer supporting our Marketing / Roundel team, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Assess client needs and convert business requirements into BI solutions roadmap relating to complex issues involving long-term or multi-work streams
- Analyze technical issues and questions identifying data needs and delivery mechanisms
- Implement data structures using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes, SQL, database, and OLAP technologies
- Develop test-driven solutions and Business Intelligence applications that can be deployed quickly and in an automated fashion
- Embrace the DevOps mentality (CI/CD) by building solutions designed for availability and scalability in an iterative manner
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant work experience
- 1-3 years of experience in a Data Engineering, Hadoop development role at scale
- Core programming skills in languages like Java, Scala, Python or C++
- Knowledge or experience with a variety of database technologies (HBase, Postgres, Teradata, Cassandra, SQL Server, Oracle)
- Experience interfacing with the Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, Pig, SQOOP, Spark, etc.)
- Knowledge with design of data integration using API, streaming technologies (Kafka), ETL and other data Integration patterns
- Knowledge or experience in designing various data models for ensuring scalability and performance of data usage
- CI/CD toolchain knowledge (Drone, Jenkins, Kubernetes) a plus
- Constant learner who enjoys working with highly collaborative and global Data Sciences team!
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture