Director Construction, Existing StoresApply Now Job ID: R0000155488 job family: Construction schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target’s distinctive brand love is infused throughout its many physical locations by the Properties teams. We have a direct and positive impact on the real estate, design, construction and maintenance of our stores, distribution centers and headquarters. Are you ready to help strategically grow Target’s brand through leading-edge design, development, construction and preservation? Can you effectively balance the efficiencies of a large-design build company with the unique challenges and innovative solutions required by individual sites? Then take your place on one of our Properties teams, and help us make the most of Target’s physical assets, both in the U.S. and overseas.
A role in Construction means leading the execution of Existing Stores projects. From large program rollouts to smaller merchant initiatives; you’ll help manage the scope, schedule, and budget for all Target construction projects, including adhering to the project timeline, coordinating and overseeing the onsite construction process and turnover. You’ll keep all of the players and partners aligned with effective communication between vendors, general contractors, store operation partners, field leadership and project teams.
This role is primarily responsible for leading a team within the Construction Department, overseeing Existing Store projects and programs. You’ll leverage your ability to work in a fast- paced environment to develop and work within tight timelines to outline future strategies within the construction space to reduce downtime, minimize expense, improve operations and balance Team Member workload. You’ll create and maintain strong and positive working relationships to influence cross functional teams in order to drive timely, accurate, innovative and cost-effective management of labor for all projects. This role will strategically problem solve & leverage analytical skills to creating programs, processes, and routines to maintain and improve asset operation and utilizing existing and new technology to drive the business. As a leader, you’ll effectively manage conflict, build and lead a high-performing, diverse, and engaged team, partnering with peers and leaders for optimal execution. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs
- 4 -year degree
- Adaptable to changing priorities and tasks
- Strong organizational and follow-up/follow through skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in strategy work, with proven critical thinking skills
- 5-7 years project management experience in retail and industrial construction or applicable large scope supply chain project roll out
- Ability to navigate and oversee Change Management routines and processes
- Best practice documentation and administration/maintenance for overall business alignment
- Co-develop systems and tools for project execution program management
- Passion for industry workforce development and diversity and inclusion
- Experience in leading and sourcing external suppliers and vendors
- Experience in estimating and leading forecasting budgets for project and program
- 1-2 years of experience in a direct supervisory role, preferable in construction or large project rollout environment
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture