Director Counsel - Real EstateApply Now Job ID: COU000001 Date posted: 01/02/2018 Location: HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
JOIN US AS DIRECTOR COUNSEL, REAL ESTATE
About This Opportunity
Target is seeking a collaborative and self-motivated attorney with at least four (4) years of legal experience to serve as Director Counsel, Real Estate. This attorney will provide transactional support, legal advice, and strategic direction to Target on a wide variety of matters in support of Target’s real estate strategies and operations. The work will include the following:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of real estate transactions in support of Target’s extensive existing store portfolio and new store growth initiatives, including leasing (ground and building leases), purchase and sale agreements, operating and easement agreements, site development agreements, and other agreements.
- Representing Target’s interests externally with developers, landlords, co-tenants, governmental authorities and other third parties.
- Collaborating closely with experienced paralegal team to drive efficient title review and closing processes for each real estate transaction.
- Providing general legal support, advice and training to business partners related to transaction structuring and strategy, key contract provisions, commercial disputes, process improvements, and other matters impacting Target’s real estate portfolio.
- Developing contract management processes and best practices, including development and regular updates of form documents and clauses.
- Retaining and managing outside counsel resources.
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with a broad set of internal partners (both business and legal) and outside resources.
- At least four (4) years of full-time experience as a commercial real estate attorney with a strong emphasis on transactional work described above.
- Excellent sense of prioritization and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and client relationships in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong writing, communication and collaboration skills.
- Business-oriented problem solver and a flexible team player.
- Excellent analysis and negotiation skills with the ability to balance legal risks with business imperatives associated with complex real estate transactions and other matters.
- Retail real estate experience is preferred, but not required for consideration.
- J.D. degree with excellent academic credentials from accredited law school.
- Admitted or eligible for admission to the Minnesota bar.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture