Director, Digital Product Creation 3D TeamApply Now Job ID: R0000120649 job family: Product Development schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Sourcing & Development organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines, essentials, beauty, or apparel & accessories categories. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A Director role within the Digital Product Creation (3D) Team means leading a group of 3D technical artists and 3D engineers who create innovative assets, tools, and processes that ensure 3D products truly embody the intent of Target-owned brands. Can you lead a team to create new and innovative solutions that support developing products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their quality and value? Do you love to collaborate in the creation of 3D assets and scenes that help meet strategic business goals? Then you’ll have success leading our 3D team who owns the creation of new and innovative digital capabilities that support the execution of Target-owned brand product. In close partnership with cross-functional leaders you’ll help drive our digital transformation, ensuring that 3D assets meet design intent, assortment strategies, and guest expectations. In addition, you’ll drive financial results by providing 3D assets for business opportunities that are differentiated from the market place and unique to Target. You’ll lead, develop and manage team members by setting clear objectives, providing ongoing performance feedback, and evaluating potential.
- Lead 3D capabilities and innovation of owned brand product development in both hard and soft product categories (home and hardlines, apparel, accessories, shoes)
- Drive digital strategies, technology and resources to help drive design, quality, value, and virtual fit for owned brand 3D product development.
- Establishes and provides strategic direction to team for achieving individual or team goals, and balances time and resources to achieve these.
- Continuously innovate to drive modernization in 3D product creation thereby facilitating an end to end workflow for assets
- Owns personal and team development through continuous learning and proactively seeking new assignments that will help build knowledge and improve skills.
- Identify training and development opportunities needed to ensure we build the skills and capabilities needed for future ways of working.
- Develop strategic network of contacts with experts across the industry to bring knowledge and innovation to Target.
- Ensure the 3D team is addressing and resolving problems by providing appropriate tools and resources to the product teams along with partnering with the appropriate parties to ensure assets meet Target objectives through-out the enterprise
- Ensures team is focused on both design and guest centric 3D product development.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to improve 3D processes, new ways of working to accelerate business opportunities
- Proactively partner with enterprise leaders to ensure capability needs are met for digital performance and quality execution meets Target’s Owned Brand 3D Standards.
- Support Business Partner accreditation and vendor empowerment plans to execute on business goals
- Provide technical capabilities to the business teams through up-to-date understanding of business categories related to 3D product development (including industry trends, emerging issues & new technologies)
- Leads team to develop industry-changing products and/or processes and ensures 3D owned brand products are leading the industry and driving long-term benefits to Target
- Ensures expense planning and management of resources for optimum productivity and added value
- Ensures accountability of expense and proper authorization pre and post travel
- Engaging and inspiring teams through effective messaging; proactively aligning cross functional leaders for clear and consistent communication; modeling global connectively.
- Ensures transparency and support of team through escalation process when required for speedy resolution
- Communicates information and facilitates the open exchange of ideas and diverse points of view.
- Co-create and transform Target as an industry leading company of choice through equitable experiences across talent practices; assessment, selection process, onboarding, retention and Inclusive leadership
- 10+ years related work experience
- Strong 3D technical skills including modeling capability in hard and soft 3D modeling software (examples: 3DS Max, Adobe products, CLO, Browzwear, Romans CAD, Rhino)
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate to all levels internally and external management of vendor partners with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Strategic thinking and ability to plan; organize and execute
- Ability to manage project plans and resources
- Strong knowledge of 3D product development in both hard and soft business categories
- Ability to analyze information to drive business decisions
- Committed to continuous learning, diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to use Microsoft applications
- Experience working with culturally diverse team members
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture