Director F&B Supply Chain – Systems Strategy(Remote Or Hybrid)Apply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000275533
job family: Supply Chain Process & Operations
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Targets Food Supply Chain is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role on the Network Strategy Team within Food Supply Chain (FSC) means being relentlessly focused on how we can optimize our temperature-controlled network to become more cost effective and improve the guest experience. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. We’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. You will work cross-functionally with experts from across F&B, GSCL, Technology and Stores to support the implementation of new distribution nodes, helping to define our future network design, inclusive of replenishment and fulfillment; you’ll also be actively engaged in developing solutions alongside experts from across the organization including Field Operations, Operating Solutions Design, Store Operations, TTS, Inventory Management and Data Science.
As a Director F&B Supply Chain – Systems Strategy, you will be responsible for supporting the strategic growth of Target’s distribution network by developing and leading a team that manages the activation of world-class supply chain projects. You will uncover and design creative and innovative ways to move our products faster and more efficiently to deliver uncompromising service to our guests. You will be a coach and mentor to your team of project managers. You will help your team problem solve complex issues with multiple dependencies. Successful individuals will develop strong partnerships with internal as well as external teams, engage, influence senior leaders to remove obstacles, and gain alignment on a path forward. You as a leader must be bold as well as manage through continuous change and ambiguity. You will be the cohesive thread from operational performance, responsible for ongoing operations stability and support within the warehouse management systems, as well as ongoing strategic process design through deployment. You will also be responsible for setting the vision for a cohesive capability strategy, implementing new capabilities, enhancing existing capabilities as well as delivering additional supply chain nodes to support Target’s growth and supply chain modernization road map. Ultimately, you must communicate findings, recommendations and change progress to executive level stakeholders and partner teams across the supply chain, leveraging data and external macro information to guide future work, build recommendations, and drive innovation for total Target.
- Work with cross organizational teams to develop project plans based on engineering project lifecycle phases, providing project level inputs to cross functional teams and program management, from scoping through deployment
- Provide strategic leadership for multi-year project management for the transformational changes of the E&O portfolio
- Partner on a daily basis with Director, Senior Director, VP+ leaders across the company to lead, support, and influence both new and existing business initiatives
- Manage several large supply chain projects across multiple locations simultaneously that will vary in scope, complexity and delivery timelines
- Demonstrate expertise in effective communication and clear, concise documentation of project plans to drive alignment across project teams and approval from executive leadership
- Clearly and promptly communicate critical project issues, while holding teams accountable to meet all critical path project schedule milestones
- Highlight and appropriately escalate any risks while proposing potential solutions to enable rapid decision making. Lead cross-functional teams across: Operations, Inventory Management, Transportation, Technology, Engineering and Stores to provide operational support
- Closely tie to current operational challenges, improving current state while tying learnings into the future state design and identify a path forward.
- Establish clear performance expectations and coach the Team Members to ensure their performance plans meet Organizational objectives
- Create an environment where Team Members can develop their skills and grow their careers through taking on increased responsibility and adding value to the organization
- Teach, coach and mentor your team in project management processes, methods and Target leadership behaviors
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience; Masters/MBA Preferred
- 8+ years of supply chain experience or similar including team leadership experience
- Experience in Food & Beverage Operations, Inventory Management, and/or Labor Management Systems, with particular work in Warehouse Management System (WMS) and/or Manhattan WMS preferred
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence senior leaders
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate complex concepts in written and verbal form, across multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to thrive within and navigate ambiguity – managing, with little-to-no supervision, through setbacks, conflicts, and having considerable latitude in decision-making, direction, and recommendations
- Experience leading large cross-functional teams
- Good problem solving and project management experience
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage several complex projects at the same time with high degrees of variation and uncertainty
- Experience with technology, preferably supply chain systems, and ability to facilitate communication between business and technology teams
- Ability to travel up to 50% (varies by project & capability)
Preferred Qualifications & Experiences
- Familiarity with material flow methodologies
- Experience with facility layouts, & construction
- Experience with distribution and/or logistics process flows & operations
- Experience with lean, six sigma, & other continuous improvement concepts & methodologies
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
already started an application?log in to continue
still have some questions?check out the careers FAQ
curious about our benefits?explore how we care
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture