Director FP&A, Capital Finance(Remote Or Hybrid)Apply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000270400
job family: Financial Planning & Analysis
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 500 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a financial analyst or a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you’ll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
A role in Financial Planning & Analysis means belonging to a great team of genuine, diverse, courageous and versatile people who put integrity and ethics at the heart of everything they do. Together, you’ll drive outstanding financial results by enabling and accelerating Target’s strategic execution. You’ll nurture influential partnerships with leaders who value your credibility, thanks to the quality and reliability of your insights. To teams across Target, you’ll bring your skills for analytical rigor, creative problem-solving and sound decision-making. You’ll be an active contributor to cross-functional teams. You’ll rise to the challenge of the dynamic retail industry, brining innovative solutions that have a direct impact on financial and operational direction-setting, merchandising and capital investments and how to best use our resources. All of your good work will help elevate and maintain Target as one of the world’s most recognized and best-loved retail brands.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As the Director of FP&A – Capital Governance and Properties Finance you will:
Lead and facilitate the Capital Governance and Capital Planning processes to help deliver on enterprise goals and financial commitments both short-term and long-term
- Shape the overall direction and guidance for short and long range Capital Plans, connecting business level capital requirements to external performance metrics.
- Lead the process associated with periodic Board updates, specifically the Infrastructure & Finance Committee
- Drive monthly reviews with the Sr. Leadership team to provide insights and drive prioritization decisions across the overall capital portfolio
- Proactively identify risks and opportunities in the business cases being brought forward
- Influence and coordinate teams across the organization to develop and track key outcomes and results for the capital portfolio
- Continue to re-invent and elevate the governance process to maximize insights and impact
In close partnership with the Properties Leadership team, build out the financial plans to optimize spend while advancing key strategic priorities within the business unit
- Strategically drive Long Range Planning, annual goal/budget, and quarterly forecasting to provide insights and drive decisions on key investments
- Foster strong partnerships and provide financial support for key Properties leaders, including Property Management, Corporate Real Estate, Procurement and Construction
- Prioritize Expense and Capital investments while driving a mindset of operational efficiency
- Ensure balanced but challenging goals are built into financial plans and forecasts
- Educate and influence leaders at all levels across Properties to embrace a fact-based and data driven plan to deliver on or exceed financial targets
Develop, Coach and lead a highly talented and motivated team
- Attract, manage and develop diverse finance talent while creating an inclusive team culture
- Set priorities, remove obstacles for delivering on objectives, and ensure team is focused on providing value-added support that helps deliver strong financial performance
- Create the long term vision for team priorities as well as obtain needed resources to support the business
- Champion process improvement initiatives across Target’s portfolio of businesses
- Job duties may change at any time due to business needs
- B.A/B.S degree or equivalent experience in Finance, or other related field
- MBA/CPA/MA Preferred
- +7 years of business experience, retail a plus
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical aptitude and critical thinking skills with demonstrated results driving critical strategies forward
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage project deadlines and competing priorities effectively
- Demonstrated leadership skills that showcase the ability to direct, influence and coach a team of partners, peers, and direct reports
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture