Director, FP&A TransformationApply Now Job ID: FIN000A2R Date posted: 01/09/2019 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Director, FP&A Transformation
Date: January 2019
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a financial analyst or a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond.
A role in Financial Planning & Analysis means belonging to a great team of genuine, diverse, courageous and versatile people who put integrity and ethics at the heart of everything they do. Together, you’ll drive outstanding financial results by enabling and accelerating Target’s strategic execution. You’ll nurture influential partnerships with leaders who value your credibility, thanks to the quality and reliability of your insights. To teams across Target, you’ll bring your skills for analytical rigor, creative problem-solving and sound decision-making. You’ll be an active contributor to cross-functional teams. You’ll rise to the challenge of the dynamic retail industry, brining innovative solutions that have a direct impact on financial and operational direction-setting, merchandising and capital investments and how to best use our resources. All of your good work will help elevate and maintain Target as one of the world’s most recognized and best-loved retail brands.
At Target, we are building a world-class Finance organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support.
Reshaping the future of FP&A at Target calls for improving our ability to deliver exceptional value to our customers. Being a part of the FP&A Transformation team, you will work alongside financial professionals and business leaders, gaining opportunities to grow and develop to build a strong FP&A foundation. As a member of the FP&A Transformation team, you will use forward-thinking, out of the box ideas and innovation to ensure successful collaboration and transformation of our function. This position will be responsible for providing decision support to FP&A’s senior management team and overall management responsibility regarding FP&A’s multi-year Business Transformation program.
The Director of FP&A Transformation will be a member of the Financial Planning & Analysis team reporting to the Vice President of Expense FP&A.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Collaborate with business leaders across FP&A to provide effective management of the company’s ongoing finance transformation efforts supporting the delivery of several key workstreams within the overall FP&A Transformation program.
- Lead the FP&A team through requirements, vendor selection, design, build, testing and implementation of a driver based enterprise planning and reporting system.
- Partner with the Enterprise Data and Analytics and Business Intelligence team (EDABI) in continued development of data analytics capabilities and related tools that can be used to provide insights into company performance, improve forecasting and increase operating efficiency.
- Recommend and implement system/process improvements, including a self-service model of conveying financial results to business partners in a timely manner.
- Support developing, designing, and implementing Finance best practice.
Work directly with FP&A finance teams to support them in their adoption of new financial processes and practices and consistency in their implementation, as well as to create engagement in the business transformation project as a whole. [Change management.]
- Lead the organizational efforts to implement a new engagement model with business partners.
- Recommend and implement system/process improvements, including implementing BI to deliver a self-service model of conveying financial results to business partners in a timely manner
- Support developing, designing, and implementing FP&A best practice.
- Displays courage, self-motivation, inspiration, a new standard, and follow through.
- Effective planning and organizational skills.
- Develop business relationships, and possess the ability to competently manage multiple priorities.
- Highly driven and willing to take initiative and own a process through to completion
- Must be a team player capable of interacting with all levels of employees and senior management
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to convey information concisely in writing and verbally at an Executive level
- Very detail and process oriented, with ability to translate data and analysis into coherent information linked to the business big picture
- Ability to understand and frame complex issues in a consolidated and straightforward manner
- Ability to define problems, collect data from multiple sources, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- The ability to make difficult decisions
- Works independently, effectively managing tasks and tight deadlines with minimal supervision
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture