Explore current openings to see how your skills and interests align with Target careers.
Director ICQA- Process Engineeringapply now Job ID BRA000BIN Date posted 11/18/2016 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota – United States
JOIN US AS a Director ICQA- Process Engineering
The Director of Process Engineering will lead the process design and development team within the Inventory Control and Quality Assurance (ICQA) function in support of Target’s long-term supply chain supply chain strategy.
This role will be responsible for the organizational development of the process engineering design team and standing up processes and operational disciplines required to enable world class inventory health, quality, and accuracy across the organization in support of current and future needs of the Target guest.
This leader will invent, design, and build new standards and practices in regards to operational and systematic process within the ICQA function and lead their team and partners in deployment and utilization of these standards.
Through their leadership, they will invent, design, test, and deploy processes, disciplines, and technologies that evolve process definition and execution throughout all points in Target’s supply chain. This role will work in close alignment with the Director of Operations Research (ICQA) to ensure world class levels of evaluation, visibility, and predictability within the future process and systems flows to support Target’s inventory health and integrity.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the leadership and development of the process engineering capability within inventory control and quality assurance (ICQA). Leads team to invent and deploy processes, disciplines, technology, and solutions across multiple business owners such as HQ, DC field teams, Direct to Guest, and Direct to Store business process teams, etc.
- Develops strategy to build deep assessment of people, process, systems, and technology leveraging Lean/Six Sigma tools to drive for detailed, multi-tiered analysis of Target’s inventory health position.
- Invents/designs process and systems flows to build/implement/govern standard operating procedures (SOPs) that eliminate or reduce defects through all points in the value chain from Merchandising to Target guest, delivering strategic benefit through superior inventory accuracy/integrity.
- Engineers processes to refine, simplify, and drive efficiency in inventory touches across the value chain driving down opportunity for defect and providing clarity in ownership/accountability.
- Designs check points throughout the value chain to evaluate, root cause, and correct inventory integrity/health and quality concerns across any/all processes and physical locations.
- Builds audit programs to assess and report on inventory health/integrity at any point in the value chain.
- Works in alignment with the operations research team to leverage data and technology based algorithmic solutions to build processes that eliminate opportunity for defect.
- Builds a culture of continuous improvement to anticipate the future needs of supply chain and build world-class processes, systems, and technologies in support of the known and unknown needs of the Target guest.
- Develops operational routines/rhythms to align reporting to action across core business teams.
- Builds and develops a world class team providing development, coaching, motivation, support, and feedback to team members.
- Coordinates strategy and development across multiple partners (Distribution, Fulfillment, Human Resources, EDABI, Technology, etc.).
- Depth and breadth of experience in operations management for manufacturing or distribution facilities
- Extensive experience in building/implementing continuous improvement and/or process engineering principles (inclusive of Lean/Six Sigma methodologies) to create solutions for large-scale operations with many interdependencies
- Experience in deep problem scoping/assessment through value stream mapping, project management, process development, and process engineering
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving through data and analytics and applying solutions across broad-scale operations
- Proven experience achieving results through project management across many functions and organizations inclusive of projects with a high number of interdependencies
- Strong ability to think critically and creatively from problem scoping to solution development
- Demonstrated experience in strategic, cross-functional planning and execution
- Demonstrated experience in team development and leadership
- Six sigma certification (black belt preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering, statistics, or supply chain
- Advanced degree in engineering, supply chain, or business
- Inventory control/quality assurance experience
- Experience working in an Agile framework