Director Investment and Inventory ManagementApply Now Job ID: R0000066153 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Director, Investment Management, Roundel
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves in connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love and our business. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies, media and ad tech companies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and performance-based marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
Roundel is Target’s entry into the media business; an advertising sell-side business built on the principles of first party (people based) data, brand safe content environments and proof that our marketing programs drive business results for our clients. We operate with the ethos of trust and transparency and that media works best when it works in everyone’s best interest. At the very root of that, Roundel is here to drive business growth for our clients, and redefine “value” in the industry by solving core industry challenges vs. copy current industry methods of operation. We are here to drive a key growth initiative for Target and to lead the industry to a better way of operating within the media marketplace.
As the Director, Investment Management, Roundel, you are responsible for managing and developing the investment and inventory team and approach for Roundel across owned and operated properties and external media. The team will be comprised of media channel experts with a deep knowledge of advertising technologies including DSPs (The Trade Desk, DV360 & 4C) native advertising platforms (Facebook, Pinterest & SNAP) and ad servers such as Google Ad Manager and SSPs (Rubicon & AdX). They will:
- Meet the inventory demands of the Roundel business (scale & type).
- Manage yield to effectively monetize O&O (inclusive of rate card ownership).
- Organize globally for success across trading and ad operations.
- Ideate, develop and enable new inventory solutions and opportunities for clients that compliment Bullseye Marketplace via the Open Exchange, custom PMPs and key publisher relationships.
- Partner with Media Operations in BLR to activate and scale new inventory opportunities.
You and your team will be a strategic resource and partner across the business with Channel Development, Media Operations and Account Management. You will oversee team in negotiating alpha digital programs and rates for clients. You will develop and monitor core yield metrics and keep stakeholders informed of insights and trends across the Roundel ecosystem. You will stay current on digital innovations, ad models and technologies related to the business. You will develop your team and ensure they acquire the skills necessary to succeed and drive the business.
- 4-year college degree
- 10+ years of experience in yield/inventory or programmatic roles
- Programmatic platform expertise and acumen including Google DV 360 and The Trade Desk
- Experience managing teams in cross-functional environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to influence senior leadership
- Ability to structure ambiguous problems, analyze complex processes, synthesize data and drive toward insights and solutions
- Strong collaborator with highly effective relationship and partnership skills
- Demonstrated ability to be strategic and proactive, taking an organized, integrated and data-driven approach
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership
- Understanding of digital media sales
- Self-starter, capable of setting goals and reporting progress against them
- Solid understanding of online metrics and strong negotiating skills
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture