Director, Merchandising Insights Product ManagementApply Now Job ID: INF000DI6 Date posted: 02/05/2019 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
The Director for Merchandising Insights Product Management has responsibility for Merchandising Insights product teams. This role sets the vision across the Insights product teams, collaborates with other product leaders across the Merchandising portfolio to identify and manages interdependencies and synergies, and leads team development for the Insights product teams. Product capabilities will impact every guest transaction by ensuring the Insights we provide inform data-driven decisions on how we allocate space, build our assortments, and present merchandise in a way that is highly relevant to our guest and delivers on Target’s strategic vision.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing Insights product team vision, team structure, strategy and business objectives.
- Leads Product team member development.
- Provides coaching and feedback to product team leaders and team members.
- Guides overall development routines of product teams in partnership with enterprise product teams.
- Ensures product line objectives support Merchandising and Target enterprise strategic priorities.
- Continually adapts product vision to highly dynamic retail environment.Considers enterprise (stores + digital) business requirements.
- Balances need to deliver short- and long-term business objectives by collaborating closely with Senior Business Leaders on team priorities.
- Continues to invest in development of global operating model.
- Engagement lead for Technology, Data Science and Analytics, including development of objectives and shared priorities, resource allocation, Objective & Key Results processes and talent management.
- Ensures the team, stakeholders, and organization have a shared understanding of the product and the value it provides for its customers.
- Develops culture of continuous innovation on product operations, insights and data sources.
- Partners closely with Operations and Planning teams on short-and long-term business deliverables.
- Metric Driven: Uses metrics and data to determine effectiveness of vision, discovery outcomes, design, development, and operational aspects of the product.
- Champions product model in Merchandising and across Target.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 6+ years’ experience leading product/technology teams.
- Strong demonstrated strategic thinking and analytic abilities.
- Proven team leader with history of managing high-performing teams.
- Strong track record of engaging multiple stakeholders to achieve a shared vision.
- Proven experience taking smart risks in leading organizational change
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture