Director of Audience MarketingApply Now Job ID: R0000062097 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Director of Audience Marketing
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target.
A Director level role in Brand + Audience Marketing means you will apply your marketing expertise to lead, develop and implement marketing strategies and plans that reach critical groups of guests for Target. As Director, Audience Marketing, you will collaborate with and influence groups of cross-functional internal and external partners – ranging from business stakeholders to marketing channel teams to creative agencies -- to deliver a seamless guest experience that inspires action and achieves strong results. In this new position, you will also build the capability of Audience Marketing, including the development of resources, training, experiences and more, working across teams to ensure Target is reaching all guests in culturally relevant and resonant ways.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Synthesizes guest insights, competitive + cultural trends, business performance and white space opportunities to develop actionable marketing strategies and plans
- Leads a team of 2+ Marketing Sr. Managers and/or Managers who support multiple initiatives
- Coaches, develops and inspires team members to achieve established goals for the business, marketing organization and themselves
- Develops an on-going approach to build cross-functional capabilities including but not limited to marketing brief processes, data + measurement, guest insights + listening sessions and immersive experiences that enhance cultural acumen
- Leverages tools, resources and investments effectively and efficiently to drive business, brand + financial goals
- Seeks to understand a breadth of business goals and opportunities; prioritizes effectively to focus on deep, bold and meaningful efforts
- Leads cross-functional relationships to create holistic, seamless and effective multi-channel work, including but not limited to Brand, Cateogry + Promotions Marketing, Marketing Guest Insights, Media Strategy, Marketing Finance, Brand Safety, Social Media, Influencer Marketing, Communications, Experiential, Diversity + Inclusion, and multiple creative and media agency partners
- Represents Marketing with key internal and external business partners
- Gives constructive, actionable and inspiring creative feedback
- Cultivates strong partnerships both internally and externally to support short-term and long-term objectives
- Understands and balances guest needs, Target’s brand equities and business priorities to maximize marketing efforts
- Job duties may change at any time due to evolving business needs
- College degree required
- 12+ years of related work experience; audience, brand and/or retail marketing emphasis preferred
- Proven track record for authoring compelling marketing strategies, designing actionable marketing plans with proven results and breaking down barriers to successful execution
- Ability to adeptly apply data and intuition, connecting dots across multiple inputs including various business opportunities, sources of insight, plus competitive, industry + media trends
- Strong creative acumen and proven ability to champion breakthrough ideas that retain Target’s competitive advantage and build relationships with guests
- A demonstrated ability to anticipate and prepare for long term trends, industry shifts and evolving consumer needs
- Works with a sense of urgency, curiosity and courage to inspire great work and be the voice of Target’s guests and business
- Engaging team leader, inspiring coach and active participant across teams
- Effective team player with a desire to collaboratively solve problems
- Ability to inspire and drive confidence with a broad range of leaders, partners and stakeholders
- Personally inspired by both the art and science of marketing
- Highly proficient in oral and written communication
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture