Director of Data AnalyticsApply Now Job ID: R0000107633 job family: Business Intelligence Reporting & Analytics schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
JOIN US AS A Director of Data Analytics
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Behind one of the world’s best loved brands is a uniquely capable and brilliant team of data analysts and insights enthusiasts that power our Merchandising teams. The Target Data & Analytics team creates the tools, insights, and data products to sustainably enable our business partners to win with data. We work as an agile team to help develop the technology that personalizes the data and insights while keeping our teams on the leading edge.
A role with Business Insights & Analytics (BIA) means being a part of the team that enables faster, smarter and more scalable decision-making to compete and win the modern retail market. Here, you’ll leverage data, statistics and visualization to create the actionable insights that deliver value across all Target Merchandising functions. Our savvy reporting and analytics pros use market-leading tools and data automation to make a positive impact that’s felt across the business. If you’re a leader who can lead autonomous teams, integrate the latest practices with your approach, build to scale, and simplify complex decisions by providing flexible, fast and sustainable decision-making solutions, then you’ll be successful here.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Director BI & Analytics, you’ll lead a team to accomplish these, and other tasks:
• Work with the business to define a problem, find the requisite data and propose solutions based on data analysis.
• Understand and anticipate problems and move to solve them quickly.
• Create and automate reporting and insights at scale that informs and influences business and product decisions.
• Democratize data and insights as you strive to deliver self-service tools to your partners and enable them to make better decisions quicker.
• Provide thought leadership in how we measure a business area from the code that we use to collect data all the way to the application of the insights you derive from reports and analysis based on that data, to hold products and businesses accountable for results against goals and objectives.
You’ll use your communication skills to story tell and educate business leaders by leveraging data, insights, testing and measurement plans. You will lead a team of report developers and analysts providing strategic guidance on projects and development guidance – building Target’s future leaders.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or area of study related to data sciences and data mining, economics, finance or other analytical fields
• 5+ years of experience in developing BI solutions including: analysis, design, coding, testing, and report building
• Strong understanding of the product model and ability to work and lead a team in an Agile environment
• Highly collaborative, ability to engage in interactive discussions with business leaders and team members
• Inquisitive on Big Data technology; current on new ideas and tools
• Strong understanding of Data structures and Designing of Algorithms
• Good understanding of basic mathematical concepts and willingness to learn complex mathematics
• Knowledge of at least one programming language including SQL
• 3 + years of experience developing and leading teams
• Experience with Hadoop, data visualization tools (DOMO, Tableau, PowerBI or similar), and automation tools
• Experience leading projects involving complex BI requirements, a variety of business stakeholders, and a team of BI professionals with a variety of skills
• Experience building data governance frameworks
Eligible team members will receive one of the best earnings packages anywhere, including competitive pay, all-around insurance coverage, 401(k), flexible scheduling, training and development and many other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best – the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members’ futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture