Director of Strategy and Business PlanningApply Now Job ID: R0000126052 job family: Business Process & Operations schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Director of Strategy and Business Planning
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves in connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love and our business. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies, media and ad tech companies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and performance-based marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
Roundel is Target’s entry into the media business, a sell-side business built on the principles of first party (people based) data, brand safe environments and proof that our marketing programs drive business results for our clients. We operate with the ethos of trust and transparency and that media works best when it works in everyone’s best interest. At the very root of that, Roundel is here to drive business growth for our clients, and redefine “value” in the industry by solving core industry challenges vs. copy current industry methods of operation. We are here to drive a key growth initiative for Target and to lead the industry to a better way of operating.
As the Strategy and Planning Director you will…
Lead a team that partners with Roundel leadership and other enterprise teams to help establish and review key strategic business priorities and translate them into actionable and quantitative plans. Your team will play a key part in strategy formulation, collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders, lead cross-functional work and teams in the development of business specific strategies. In partnership with the leaders within the Enterprise you will be accountable for leading a team that provides direction, insight and detailed planning of the business to drive the necessary business outcomes. Your responsibilities for Roundel include collaborating with other senior leaders across the Target organization, leading and presenting new ideas to Target executives, and partnering with other cross-functional teams in strategic workstreams in order to help drive and operate Roundel’s business. This position would help lead strategic drivers and priorities, create operating cadence, build alignment to support the business strategy as well as facilitation, routine development, guidance on decision making, etc. The work would be in service of helping Roundel reach its goals. This role requires a person who can lead a team through complex problems and formulate a compelling plan to drive to solutions, apply a customer obsessed mentality, balance quantitative and qualitative inputs to drive recommendations, and gain consensus among Target’s most senior leaders and cross-functional peers. This person will bring a unique mixture of business, technology and operational experience.
This position will report to the Senior Director Marketing Strategy & Ops.
- Develop strategic ideas to leverage media, publisher, digital technologies and capabilities to solve customer issues and unmet market needs in support of the Roundel strategy
- Drive insights from analysis of business, competitive landscape, and market trends to support evaluating, prioritizing and developing the strategy business roadmap
- Identify new markets, technologies, or partnerships to grow business
- Work closely with executives across the organization to understand and align business objectives, goals and resources needed to drive the business and key Enterprise initiatives
- Improve operational health by defining and aligning on KPIs to measure success
- Lead strategic drivers and priorities, create operating cadences and build alignment to support the business strategy
- Develop and facilitate routines development, guidance on decision making, etc.
- Partner with teams to build business routines that foster an environment of support, growth, trust, collaboration, and inclusivity.
- Serve as thought leader, idea generator, and source of inspiration to larger organization
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, with preferred background in marketing, entrepreneurship, business, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- 8–12 years of experience in a senior business function (business, finance, strategy, consulting).
- Continuous improvement mindset with structured problem-solving skills
- Experience driving high impact, cross-functional programs with senior leaders and managing teams in cross-functional execution to meet strategic business goals
- Ability to synthesize information/issues and deliver unique, timely and Guest-centric solutions
- Drive for results and manage execution: coordinate, prioritize, establish goals, and ensure timelines are met
- Ability to structure ambiguous problems, analyze complex processes, synthesize data and results, and drive toward insight and solutions
- Strong team and goal orientation with track record of success and ability to work successfully with others at all organizational levels
- Demonstrate high level of initiative and organization, with the ability to be resilient and adaptable
- Works independently with limited direction
- Experience in advertising, media, technology preferred.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture