Director Product Design UXApply Now Job ID: R0000112587 job family: User Experience & Interface schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
As part of the Digital Platform & Strategy team at Target, the User Experience (UX) team represents the voice of the Guest in creating, evaluating and optimizing digital guest experiences across digital products and channels, including Target.com,
Target apps and in-store digital. In addition, we represent the voice of the Target Team Member as Target evolves its’ internal tools ecosystem to be concepted, designed, and built internally. By improving the Team member experience, we are transforming the way we work and the way we serve the needs of our Guests.
The Director of User Experience for Enterprise sets the team vision and leads all aspects of the experience for tools used by Team Members. This includes interaction design, information architecture, visual design, copywriting and UX research.
In this role, the Director strategically leads the user experience of a large portfolio of product design and cross-product initiatives including in-store technology, supply- chain technology and data science tools ensuring they meet business and experience objectives, are useful and are easy to use and delightful to Target Team Members.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and
visionary goals. Take the lead as you...
Set vision for digital team member-facing UX for Target, while advocating for innovative, brand-centric and consistent experiences
- Establish and execute UX governance model, including creation and maintenance of standards, such as reusable design patterns and style guides
- Lead all UX operational practices, including UX processes, rapid prototyping/prototyping methodologies, UX research, tools and documentation
- Influence the business & technology strategy and experience creation by representing the voice of the guest and Team Member, and by providing insight regarding best practices and current industry standards in digital strategy and experience planning
- Seek, analyze, apply and advocate for insights to inform and shape digital experiences
- Understand and inform the overall enterprise tools portfolio and how UX work fits into each
- Surface risks and interdependencies within portfolio, projects and systems and work with partners to identify and implement plausible solutions/contingency plans
- Constructively challenge current thinking across the enterprise, pushing boundaries and driving change that will deliver exceptional user-centric experiences
- Recruit, hire and mentor world-class UX talent that exceed expectations of product and business partners and leadership
- Prioritize UX resources and the work they’re involved in, placing team members into product teams and on initiatives that complement their skills, career ambitions and growth opportunities
- Continually coach UX team members on tactical design skills, soft skills and growth within their careers
- 10+ years experience in digital software product work, with user experience emphases in research, UX architecture, interaction design and/or visual design
- 2+ years sustained experience leading and developing a digitally-oriented multi-disciplinary team
- Portfolio of work demonstrating cross-channel expertise and skill in creating user-centric digital experiences, UX research, prototyping and testing
- Demonstrated experience working within a large-scale Agile company that successfully integrates user experience into the product development process
- Strong digital experience capability, including working knowledge of relevant UX software & tools, collaboration tools, UX principles, UX research methodologies and digital product design & development best practices
- Exhibits a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness and works well with ambiguity and limited direction
- Has a mastery of complex experience, marketing and business principles and exhibits strong critical thinking skills including problem solving, decision making and analysis
- Has strong presentation skills and the ability to interact with and win support from varying levels cross-company
- Strong leadership skills including interpersonal, communications, negotiations and staff development
- Experience working with complex, enterprise-level user-facing and internal systems, including eCommerce, search, social and business operating tools (e.g., CMS)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture