Director Responsible Design & StrategyApply Now Job ID: R0000105231 job family: Product Development schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Owned Brands Product Design & Management (OBPD&M)– Responsible Design & Strategy
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Product Design and Brand Management organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your leadership will have a direct and positive effect on future responsible design and strategies for OBPD&M. Here, you’ll strategically influence knowledge, policies, methodologies and guardrails that serve as the starting point as our design teams dream up and bring to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and delight guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
As the OBPD&M Director of Responsible Design & Strategy you will be responsible for leading the creation and the implementation of OBPD&M Responsible Design Strategies for Owned Brand Product and Packaging. You will partner with leaders across the Target Enterprise to further the strategic goals and initiatives of responsible design. You will co-collaborate with outside partners (NGOs, Industry Trade Groups, Certification Bodies, Business Partners) and agencies to develop Target’s responsible design strategies, best practices, policies and goals. You will drive OBPD&M’s continual education of the Global Sustainability space and translate leading best practices and education to frameworks and approaches tailored to product design and packaging at Target. The implementation of Responsible Design strategies and practices you drive will be fueled by the values of Target Owned Brands. You will lead and develop a team of material/product/packaging innovation leaders, strategic initiative owners, project and operations managers, all with a clearly defined strategy and a growth mindset. Here, you will solve complex brand, merchandising and enterprise problems through a broad range of innovations. Your positive influence will help reframe problems, explore new possibilities and create guest experiences only found at Target.
- 4-year college degree in Design, Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years-experience with a successful track record of strategic and operational excellence
- Demonstrated leadership expertise in building effective strategies and applying innovation approaches within a product development environment
- Ability to interact, negotiate and influence at all levels of the organization and with senior leadership of external partners with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to lead broad-based collaborative teams, including teams of expert contributors
- Comfortable taking risks, driving change and supporting creativity
- Outstanding oral, written and visual communication skills
- Presentation and facilitation skills with senior level audience
- Respects, appreciates and is curious about differences related to working with and leading others; committed to developing an inclusive team
- A growth oriented, learning mindset and the ability to inspire others to seek and embrace change
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture