Director Responsible Sourcing Capability BuildingApply Now Job ID: R0000069954 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
DIRECTOR RESPONSIBLE SOURCING CAPABILITY BUILDING
Date: February 2020
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $70 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. Through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target’s resources and partnerships worldwide, Merchandising works across product categories to create a localized shopping experience online and in our 1800 stores. Are you a creative problem solver who loves to see your work translate into real results? Can you collaborate effectively, execute a plan efficiently and positively influence how Target chooses and presents the right product in the right place at the right price? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Sourcing means having a hand in developing products that have a positive impact on people and the planet. We integrate our sourcing capabilities with our propensity for quality and social responsibility to positively impact the cost and quality of our products. We care about the lives of the people who make the products Target guests love, and we’re mindful of the impact our manufacturing practices have on the environment. In Sourcing, you’ll apply your apparel and accessories and/or home goods expertise to promote and apply responsible sourcing practices while driving the success and growth of Target’s owned brands. The Sourcing team starts at the very earliest stages of product development, builds out the costing models and tracks where product stands at every step in the production cycle, from overseas shipping to our import warehouses, distribution centers and stores. And since Target is indeed a global company, you’ll be part of the team that manages global relationships in partnership with the buying team who shop for trends all over the world. Your ability to stay aware of our suppliers’ activities will help ensure compliance with responsible practices, and you’ll have influence over which manufacturers Target chooses to work with. You’ll be a close point-of-contact with Target team members in sourcing offices located in 20 countries around the globe, and you’ll support their work as liaisons among buyers, product developers and overseas partners.”
As the Director of Responsible Sourcing Capability Building, you will drive the strategy and lead your team to deepen engagement between the Responsible Sourcing business integration oversight and related initiatives and business leaders across Owned Brand Sourcing and Development and Merchandising. You will help the enterprise understand the responsible sourcing performance and potential of the business partner and factory matrix. You and your team will collaborate closely with the Responsible Sourcing Oversight and Remediation team on execution, program development and crisis management. You will build critical working partnerships across the enterprise in order to enable cross-functional collaboration identify business interdependencies and needs to influence business strategies to accelerate positive impact for people across the globe, enable sustainable business growth, be a catalyst for change and inspire others to do more.
- Develop an overarching differentiated strategy to capability building for Target’s supply chain leveraging existing methods and identifying opportunities for innovation.
- Ensure integrated approaches to vendor elevation across priority areas of thematic focus, for example H&S, gender, etc.
- Utilize available tools or drive new tool development to enable vendor and factory elevation.
- Represent Target in technical capability building related initiatives, for example Life and building safety work.
- Drive initiatives and results that meet Owned Brand and enterprise goals across all product categories within the purview of Responsible Sourcing.
- Set the 1-3-year goals and strategic plan to advance Responsible Sourcing initiatives that go beyond compliance in both the social and environmental domain.
- Set challenging goals & objectives, identify metrics, measures progress, and deliver results.
- Provide proactive holistic sustainability insights to the organization to drive systemic change and continuous improvement.
- Leverage data, analytics and reporting to provide guidance to support business decisions and inform purchasing practices.
- Build coalitions and drive scalable initiatives in collaboration with others.
- Build strategic and meaningful networks of relationships with external organizations including other brands, NGOs, consultants and international organizations to position Target as an informed industry leader and progressive force for good.
- Be a catalyst for change and inspire others to do more both internally and externally.
- Build a diverse and talented team and be an inclusive leader.
- Create a team culture that everyone wants to be a part of fueled by optimism, inclusivity and a drive to win.
- Provide coaching and feedback to team members.
- 10+ years’ experience in industrial engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years in leadership capacity with similar operational scope and complexity
- 4 year college degree
- Proven ability to take a systematic approach to driving scalable impact and positive change in production facilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict and deal with high stress environments
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with and influence senior leadership
- Ability to communicate to all levels of management internally and to Sr. Management of vendor partners with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to analyze information to drive business decisions, manage project plans and resources
- Strong sense of urgency
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking and ability to plan, organize and execute.
- Strong leadership, performance and change management skills
- Comfortable taking risks, driving change and supporting creativity
- Respects, appreciates and is curious about differences related to working with others; committed to developing an inclusive team
- Flexibility, resiliency and nimbleness; comfortable working in “grey areas” that are constantly changing
- International and domestic travel required
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture