Director Strategic PlanningApply Now Job ID: R0000148893 job family: Finance Process & Operations schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 500 company and one of America’s leading retailers. Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, in a role in Target Finance and Accounting, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
A role in Finance Capabilities means partnering with Finance, technology, data science and analytics leaders to co-create solutions that maximizes business value and enables key strategies that are critical to the enterprise and for the experiences we create for our guests. As owners and experts of our products and underlying processes, we set the vision, align on the roadmap and mobilize teams to deliver needed outcomes. Given most strategies have a Finance impact, we also serve as a trusted resource to guide other enterprise partners in their solutions to ensure the success and integrity of end-to-end deliverables.
As a Director of Strategic Planning for Finance in Finance Capabilities you will be responsible for guiding the portfolio strategy and key priorities across the Finance organization with the CFO and Finance Officers. You will work closely with the VP Finance Capabilities in creating the framework, routines and monitoring necessary to ensure the effectiveness of Finance’s capabilities and ways of working as we support profitable growth. You will provide objectivity and thought leadership to the CFO and officers across Finance in defining critical business objectives, clarifying problems to solve, and measures of success while driving prioritization and organization across leaders and individual efforts. You will partner across Product, Data, and Process teams to ensure all functions within the Finance Capabilities team are connected and aligned to provide comprehensive solutions to business problems and ensure resources within the team and across partners are sufficient to drive needed outcomes. You will drive work forward by making connections and problem-solving issues between Finance and enterprise senior leaders ensuring that Finance is set up to meet the needs of the enterprise and easing decision-making by providing needed information and serving as a reliable, trusted and objective partner for all stakeholders. With your Finance and enterprise knowledge, you will drive visibility and alignment decisions for end-to-end process opportunities to unlock greater value and ensure interdependencies are addressed. You will develop and maintain external and internal relationships to gain capability insights and understand impacts of strategic initiatives so that Finance’s capabilities stay ahead of what will be needed to drive growth. With this knowledge, you will leverage your point of view to drive the development of strategic plans and best practices with Finance leaders for capability benchmarking, create a consolidated Finance capability strategic plan, create a location strategy approach, and identify opportunities to improve capability leverage and ways of working. In this role, you will also leverage your storytelling and alignment skills to rally the Finance organization around a common, prioritized set of strategic imperatives for the most critical capabilities, skillsets, operating models, and mindsets necessary for Finance to drive profitable, sustained growth with the guest at the center of everything we do. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
This role requires a strong ability to demonstrate strategic planning & coordination, collaboration, diplomacy and proactive decision making and action. Must be able to influence and work in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment interfacing between senior leadership and the organization working to promote productivity and alignment.
- Big picture, strategic thinker with strong collaboration and the ability to influence
- Critical thinking ability to brainstorm and facilitate complex problem-solving and leverage thought leadership to co-create solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to navigate difficult conversations and build strong relationships
- Highly credible and resourceful with the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Demonstrated ability to shape, simplify and operationalize strategies across key stakeholder groups
- Strong executive presence and communication skills with ability to present in a variety of settings to teams and senior leadership
- Strong analytical acumen with demonstrated ability to deep dive data, extract insights and provide guidance on actions
- Root cause analysis and problem solving
- Undergraduate Degree – preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Business related area. MBA a plus.
- Working knowledge of retail industry
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in strategic planning, strategy operations, and/or innovation
- Experience managing large, complex efforts and comfort with ambiguity
- Strong analytical skills and broad business acumen
- Strong facilitation and communication skills
- Experience in capability assessment, effective operating models, and location strategies
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture