Director Strategy ImplementationApply Now Job ID: R0000113895 job family: Process Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
On pace with one of the world’s best-loved and most recognized retail brands, Target’s EnterpriseStrategy Implementation team is focused on the future. We are at the center of developing and enabling how Target evolves to meet the changing needs of our guests while winning a competitive global retail marketplace. Here, you’ll partner with internal contacts and external firms in a wide variety of roles—whether you’re a technical engineer in San Francisco or a corporate strategist at Target headquarters in Minneapolis. Do you love the idea of helping to shape Target’s long-term strategy development? Are you a champion for rigor and process to ensure successful strategic planning? Can you bring your energy and big ideas to the table in order to build momentum in new business innovation? Then bring your talent to the game and join us in bringing to life a portfolio of initiatives designed to move Target forward.
A role within Enterprise Strategy Implementation means working with business leaders to drive the company’s most important strategic priorities. It means being part of a team that works on a wide range of strategies from rolling out new marketing initiatives to developing new operational capabilities. And it means always bringing a high standard for problem solving, data driven decision making, and cross functional leadership.
As a Director of Strategy Implementation, you will partner with business leaders to bring Target's enterprise strategies to life. You will do this by leading a team to bring data-driven problem solving approaches and iterative capability building to address Target’s most meaningful enterprise challenges and drive sustained profitable growth. This includes conducting gap analysis of current capabilities; assessing quality and rigor of business strategies, tactics, processes, and analyses; and elevating major risks to Strategy Implementation team leadership and cross-functional partners. You will also provide thought leadership, in partnership with business owners, to jointly define program objectives, tactics, and success measures. Likewise, you’ll coach leaders through execution phases and directly influence business owners to bring a high level of rigor to management decisions, resolution of cross-program interdependencies, and resource gaps.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within the job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business need.
• Four-year or advanced degree in Business or Engineering, or equivalent experience
• 8+ years of experience in a retail or operations consulting roles, or a senior role in a business function or management consulting
• 4+ years of experience directly leading teams
• An understanding of industry practices and the competitive retail landscape based on work experience at multiple retailers or consumer goods manufacturers
• Experience managing and implementing transformational business or strategy projects
• Ability to drive high impact, cross-functional programs with senior leaders and overcome cultural challenges
• Ability to coach and influence senior leaders and defend your perspective
• Strong problem solving, synthesizing, and analytical skills
• Strong written, oral, communication, networking, and presentation skills
• Ability to take risks, learn quickly, challenge the status quo, and work under ambiguous circumstances
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture