Director, Talent AnalyticsApply Now Job ID: HUM000524 Date posted: 01/10/2019 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Director, Talent Analytics
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Human Resources is well known for its signature ability to build the very best teams, and we infuse our work with Target’s distinctive retail brand by continuously experimenting, evolving and innovating. With the chance to positively impact nearly 350,000 people worldwide in our stores, distribution centers and headquarters, you’ll be a strategic partner to both the leaders and the team members who elevate and nurture the Target guest experience. Our dynamic, passionate and responsive team comprises specialized people-professionals from several diverse disciplines. We operate behind the scenes to create a progressive culture of value, respect, reward and professional advancement.
As the Director, Talent Analytics, you will develop and define the short and long-term enterprise-wide Talent Analytics strategy to enable us to be at the forefront of the industry in driving business outcomes through talent insights. You will also evaluate and evolve our HR measurement strategy and ensure that we align data and insights against the HR Strategy to evaluate progress and effectiveness. You will also serve as the Capability Owner for Talent Analytics across HR and will be responsible for establishing the roadmap to mature the capability. You will also focus on elevating our team member data foundations and business intelligence foundations, and expand data utilization and insights to drive better decisions. You will also implement governance and mature the intake and prioritization processes, ensure that clear roles and responsibilities have been established, and an effective interaction model deployed. In addition, you will define and activate a long-term strategy to embed an analytics and data-driven mindset in the organization and drive the design and implementation of a framework to launch and evolve our capability work and approach to integrate analytics into the end-to-end talent processes with a focus on the team member experience with moments that matter.
It will be critical that you possess an understanding of retail, Human Resources and Talent Analytics. Experience with building a Talent Analytics/People Analytics capability is strongly desired.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• Able to set strategic direction leveraging internal and external information
• Strong HR domain knowledge; experience leading analytics teams strongly desired
• Strong technical aptitude and foundational knowledge of analytics and data/HR systems; Domo and Workday experience is a plus
• 12-15 years relevant work experience; plus 5+ years HR or analytics experience preferred
• Strong collaboration and influence skills with demonstrated success working with partners to achieve objectives
• Able to think critically, resourcefully solve problems and confidently make decisions
• Continuous learner; stays current with new and evolving technologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience presenting to senior leaders
Ability to set strategic direction leveraging internal and external information
• Strong HR Domain knowledge including sourcing/recruiting, comp and benefits, talent management, employee engagement, employer branding and workforce planning
• Strong analytics/data driven mindset; ability to develop a functional hypothesis, convert data into actionable insights, communicate insights and make data-driven recommendations
• Strong foundational knowledge of data management and governance practices, tools and technology evolution, and leveraging best practices in the industry
• Critical thinking, resourceful problem solving, and decision making skills
• Creative and innovative thinker, willing to push boundaries and consider bold ideas
• Resilient and adaptable to change
• Influence and collaboration across multiple teams and leaders
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills tailored to multiple audiences
• Ability to thrive in and navigate through ambiguity, setbacks and conflict
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong business acumen
• HR data acumen and ability to draw out patterns from qualitative and quantitative data; baseline understanding of HR systems, statistical analysis, data mining to big data and machine learning
• External network and industry perspective
• Model the way for leadership behaviors, diversity and inclusion, learning agility, guest mindset, competitive insights, and culture evolution
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture