EDABI Graduate Data Engineer InternApply Now Job ID: BUS0001M5 Date posted: 11/19/2018 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Target is looking for Graduate technical Interns to create a seamless experience across channels. Develop innovative solutions; leverage cutting-edge technologies to make our platforms even better through big data.
Our award-winning website and mobile app make it easy for guests to shop on the go. The team you’ll be joining ensures that the online and mobile experiences are always true to our brand. You will learn from a team of expert and versatile experts that are building futuristic products and researching groundbreaking concepts. Are you up for the challenge?
About This Opportunity:
The Data Engineer Intern is responsible for the development of high performance, distributed computing tasks using Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL, text mining and other distributed environment technologies based on the needs of the organization. Also responsible for analyzing, designing, programing, debugging and modifying software enhancements and/or new products used in distributed, large scale analytics solutions.
As part of Target’s digital transformation, you’ll be given the opportunity to influence new ideas that will transform retail and provide spike developments and prototypes. Our interns will be mentored by a technical expert in the office. You’ll take the lead as you…
- Assist in the decision-making process related to the selection of software architecture solutions
- Implement architectures to handle web-scale data and its organization
- Assist in the definition of software architecture to ensure that the online organization’s software solutions are built within a consistent framework
- Translate strategic requirements to ensure effective solutions meet business requirements
- Perform systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation
- Research improvements in coding standards
- Working towards a graduate degree in computer science, computer engineering or related discipline
- Experience in developing software applications including: analysis, design, coding, testing, deploying and supporting of applications
- Experience developing applications on Hadoop or other distributed platform
- Proficient in application/software architecture (Definition, Business Process Modeling, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture