Electrical Engineer - Store DesignApply Now Job ID: R0000142261 job family: Building Operations Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target’s distinctive brand love is infused throughout its many physical locations by the Properties teams. We have a direct and positive impact on the real estate, design, construction and maintenance of our stores, distribution centers and headquarters. Are you ready to help strategically grow Target’s brand through leading-edge design, development, construction and preservation? Can you effectively balance the efficiencies of a large-design build company with the unique challenges and innovative solutions required by individual sites? Then take your place on one of our Properties teams, and help us make the most of Target’s physical assets, both in the U.S. and overseas.
A role in Store Design – Electrical Engineering means the opportunity to apply your innovative, sustainable design and technical expertise. Your work will help define the physical experience. The interactions and connectivity between the physical, digital and human elements Target develops for our guest, will evolve the brand image in store and ultimately support Target’s business strategies. You’ll interpret program and scope details to integrate them with the interior and exterior design and aesthetic for new stores, remodels, innovation projects and distribution centers.
The Electrical Engineer works with our Senior and Lead Engineers to design and document electrical systems that include lighting, power and low voltage system through all design phases. You will help establish the strategy for electrical designs and support execution of designs by training and reviewing external engineering design consultant projects. You will be responsible to document, create, modify and ensure implementation of electrical designs that can be applied to Stores, Distribution and / or Corporate Facilities within Target. You will be responsible to communicate and collaborate across multiple teams within and external to Target. You will assist in managing engineering projects from inception to completion through application of your engineering knowledge and skillsets as well as utilization of external consultants. You will coordinate with cross enterprise team members (e.g. Construction, Architecture, Real Estate, Store Planning, Property Management, Supply Chain, etc.) to ensure project scopes align with strategic direction, schedule and budget. You will also learn and understand emerging technologies and industry trends, such that you can assist in incorporating these into Target designs and help identify areas for innovation. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4 year degree in engineering from ABET accredited program
- Engineer-In-Training, EIT Licensure or ability to attain in 6 months
- 0-2 years relevant experience (preferred) with a consultant engineering firm, contractor, or a manufacturer of engineered building systems
- Design and knowledgeable of electrical systems – lighting, power and low-voltage systems
- Knowledge of and ability to work with engineering software, such as Revit
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually
- Ability to think holistically while developing design and technical concepts
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Ability to synthesize complex information from a variety of sources and use that information to make informed decisions
- Ability and desire to seek out technical training opportunities to increase skills
- Ability to work with multi-discipline teams to accomplish goals and to ensure that diverse perspectives are considered
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture