BLOCKCHAIN ENGINEER – SYSTEMS DEVELOPER
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As an engineer on the Blockchain team, you’ll develop solutions for initiatives across Target. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the open sourced ConsenSource product (https://github.com/target/consensource) which is a certification registry developed with distributed ledger technology. As well, you will have the opportunity to develop the Hyperledger Grid effort (https://github.com/hyperledger/grid) which is a supply chain centric middleware platform for interfacing with distributed ledger databases. The primary responsibilities of this role will be development of distributed ledger systems, protocols, smart contracts, CLI’s, and RESTful APIs in an open source environment. Join this innovative team where you will constantly be learning in a new and exciting technology!
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of this impactful team. As an Engineer, you’ll:
- Develop protocols, WASM based smart contracts, and more with the Rust programming language
- Build infrastructure to support blockchain and distributed ledger technologies
- Partner with other external community members to develop open source solutions
- Collaborate with the product owner to develop the blockchain roadmap and meet with partners
- Develop UI/UX for blockchain solutions
What we provide you:
- A focus on learning and dedicated time to learn
- A collaborative team focused on pair programming, mobbing, and inclusivity
- The ability to work on enterprise wide tools and capabilities
- A voice in planning, decision making, debugging, and execution
- Blockchain or distributed systems (Consensus algorithms, fault-tolerance, distributed compute)
- Polygot with a focus on systems programming languages (Rust, C++)
- CI/CD (Github, Travis, Git)
- Understands and models Agile behaviors and concepts
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of software development experience, in more than one language
- Demonstrates familiarity with current and emerging technologies, and the ability to apply these technologies
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies