Engineer - Supply ChainApply Now Job ID: INF000DF2 Date posted: 01/14/2019 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation – and right now, we are up to big things.
You are an engineer with an innovative streak who loves keeping abreast of the latest industry trends whileexercising good judgement in thetechnologies you choose to use. You understand core engineering best practices, full stack technology development (front-end and back-end),and have experience supporting these technologies in a production environment.
About This Opportunity
The Fulfillment Supply Chain Team is responsible for implementing, scaling, and maintaining the products that enable direct to guest order fulfillment. As a part of this team you will be working on platforms that are responsible for the warehouse management systems including receiving & maintaining inventory, allocating, routing, processing, and shipping Target.com orders within a large scale fulfillment center environment.
Use your skills, experience, and talents to be a part of a highly functioning team.
- Work closely with other engineers and partners to ensure development meets business needs.
- Develop software and systems using test driven development and continuous integration practices.
- Work both within a software package, and build custom around it to meet design needs.
- Follow industry standard agile scrum software development methodology.
- Research technologies and make software recommendations.
- Innovate constantly and maintain Target’s technical edge.
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- Experience engineering and supporting distributed systems.
- Strong problem solving and thought partnership skills.
- Team attitude.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Java, Spring Boot, REST, JSON, SQL, RDBMS, and other web-based open-source development technologies.
- Experience with CI/CD development technologies.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (Preferably Manhattan Package.)
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture