EngineerApply Now Job ID: INF000D9F Date posted: 11/27/2018 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
ENGINEER - Cart and Checkout Team
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation – and right now, we are up to big things. The Target Technology Team is driving a transformation in retail, one that will move us from “brick-and-mortar and online” to “bricks-and-mortar and everywhere else.” Our goal is to deliver Target’s unique “Expect More. Pay Less.” promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future.
You can be a part of developing and launching new services that power all the channels where Target does and will do business – in-store, web, tablet, mobile, and future channels. You’ll have the opportunity to design, develop and support innovative solutions across a variety of applications, platforms and environments, building tomorrow’s technologies in Search, Browse, Product Info, Promotions, Content and Checkout. You’ll put your skills, experience and passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment where success is rewarded.
We are looking for highly motivated engineering professionals who can connect the in-store experience to the digital environment by creating scalable and seamless multi-channel experiences without losing the brand we are known for. Individuals in this role will have opportunities to gain a large breadth of knowledge by working with experts in the eCommerce, multichannel retail, product management and software engineering fields.
As an engineer, you are a software developer with an entrepreneurial streak. You will build great products - ready to do whatever it takes to build scalable guest focused, world class applications. You have good problem solving skills. You love keeping abreast of the latest industry trends and use them to help you innovate. You have good judgment and clear communication skills.
In this role you will be working on the Target Application Platform (TAP) to bring a ubiquitous development experience to teams across Target. TAP allows developers to focus on delivering business value and not on infrastructure, storage and compute.
- Develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices
- Unit test code and create automated test scripts
- Partner with other engineers and partners to ensure development meets business needs
- Follow industry standard agile software design methodology for development and technical documentation
- Research related products and make necessary software recommendations
- Identify issues that impact performance in your space, resolving low impact issues independently and escalating larger issues to more senior engineers
- 1+ years of software development experience
- Good problem solving and thought partnership
- Team attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Working with test-driven development and software test automation
- Experience in OOP languages; Java a plus
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture