Sr. Manager, Everyday Pricing Insights - F&B, A&A, and HomeApply Now Job ID: R0000117844 job family: Pricing & Promotions schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Sr. Manager, Everyday Pricing Insights - F&B, A&A, and Home
As a Senior Manager on the Everyday Pricing team, you will develop and lead strategies and your team to deliver Operational, Competitive, and Strategic insights relating to our pricing performance. You will lead a matrixed global operations and competitive retail intelligence team to craft the strategies which drive Target’s price competitiveness, value perception, and strong financial outcomes. You will work with a broad set of partners including our pricing strategy teams, global Pricing operations, EDABI, and product team, across the Pricing & Promotions COE, Merchandising, Digital, and Store Operations teams.
You will bring these insights to life in the following ways:
- Set goals that continually raise the bar for Target’s price perception and financial success in each merchandising business unit. Monitor results and communicate to stakeholders on necessary actions to achieve goals.
- Complete robust financial modeling and provide outcome scenarios for large strategic pricing changes
- Create and ensure adherence to scalable and repeatable best practices to support the development of pricing insights for each merchandising business unit.
- Measure quality and timeliness of the insights delivered by pricing analysts to ensure that the right insights are delivered consistently and at the right time to positively impact the business.
- Drive continuous improvement of pricing insights and operations processes
- Represent Pricing in key company strategies, including major seasonal events, and strategic initiatives.
- Lead projects that span a global team of pricing operations analysts, competitive retail intelligence, EDABI, product teams, and PPCOE Strategy & Planning teams.
- Performance management of 3rd party competitive data vendor and ensure accuracy of activity-based billing.
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of high performing, engaged, diverse Insights Activation Analysts
To achieve these outcomes, your role will need to engage in the following activities:
- Report and develop weekly action plans on KPI results and on drivers of variance
- Analyze root cause using both internal and external reporting tools.
- Creating compelling problem statements and business cases to support our enterprise pricing strategy
- Using economic and pricing strategies to improve gross margin performance and price perception
- Aggressively prioritize the efforts of insights and operations pricing teams to ensure the opportunities with the highest potential are always making progress.
- Maintain daily interaction with global Pricing Operations Managers, Analysts, and Specialists
- Build strong, trusted relationships through regular collaboration with technology teams, including product owners, engineers, and EDABI analytics teams
- Build strong, trusted relationships through regular collaboration with PPCOE Strategy and Planning team members and Merchandising DMMs, and Planning Divisionals.
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of previous Merchandising, Inventory Management or business experience
- Strong financial acumen for both retail and cost accounting metrics
- Ability to manipulate large data sets in Excel, SSAS financial data manipulation
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making skills
- Ability to influence others through the use of data and insights
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maximize relationships
- Strategic orientation and comfortable with ambiguity
- 8-10 years of professional, relevant work experience
- Knowledge of lean concepts: Problem Solving, PDCA cycle, and hypothesis testing
- Previous experiences: Finance, leading a team, working with global teams, product technology development, and project management.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture