Financial Analyst - Stores FinanceApply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000243159
job family: Financial Planning & Analysis
schedule: Full time
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a financial analyst or a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond.
A role in Financial Planning & Analysis means belonging to a great team of genuine, diverse, courageous and versatile people who put integrity and ethics at the heart of everything they do. Together, you’ll drive outstanding financial results by enabling and accelerating Target’s strategic execution. You’ll nurture influential partnerships with leaders who value your credibility, thanks to the quality and reliability of your insights. To teams across Target, you’ll bring your skills for analytical rigor, creative problem-solving and sound decision-making. You’ll be an active contributor to cross-functional teams. You’ll rise to the challenge of the dynamic retail industry, brining innovative solutions that have a direct impact on financial and operational direction-setting, merchandising and capital investments and how to best use our resources. All of your good work will help elevate and maintain Target as one of the world’s most recognized and best-loved retail brands.
As a Financial Analyst, you will …
Take the lead on Store Level Sales and Payroll forecasting, and ad-hoc analysis, driving the financial health of one of Target’s Key Assets, Its Stores.
- In this space you will own the monthly sales and payroll planning, and reporting for one of the four geographic regions in Target’s chain.
- In addition to stewarding the forecasting process you will also be challenged to dig deeper into your business sharing insights that will help influence the financial direction of the company.
- As Target evolves & grows its “stores as a hub” strategy you will be on the front line of assessing the financial impacts of various initiatives from the FP&A organization as well as our Stores Field Leaders.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4 year degree in Business: Finance or Accounting with strong academic performance (3.0 or above)
- Successful internship or work experience in related field
- Demonstrated leadership, collaboration, communication and decision-making skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (intermediate level of Excel)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture