Food ScientistApply Now Job ID: R0000084606 job family: Product Development & Food Science schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
FOOD SCIENTIST, FOOD & BEVERAGES
Date: June 2020
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Owned Brand Product Design
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Design and Management organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines, apparel & accessories or food & beverages. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
As a Food Scientist, you will be responsible for leading a team and working with cross functional peers to develop brands and products for Target’s owned brand food portfolio. You will use your skills, experience, guest-centric mindset and creativity to lead the development of innovative new products, drive enhancements to existing products and processes, and support Target’s ambitious growth agenda. Principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead product development across the large and dynamic Frozen division: ice cream, desserts, breakfast, entertaining-snacks/appetizers, kids, and plant based as some example categories.
- Be a guest-centric leader who shapes and stewards the owned brand portfolio; ensuring that assortments deliver bursts of inspiration and ease throughout the entire year.
- Advance key processes and team discipline that supports the concept development, product development and commercialization of high end to end quality, great tasting products aligned across various brand values. Identify critical paths and resources required, removing roadblocks for the team
- Use your creativity and problem-solving skills to develop innovative, cost-effective products that delight our guest while delivering on our design and business objectives for Target
- Evaluate and make recommendations on the application of new ingredients, key trends and processing technologies, attending seminars and building strong industry connections
- Lead and prioritize work within and across complex overlapping deliveries to ensure efforts support business objectives.
- 4-year college degree in food science or related field
- Minimum 5 years food & beverage experience in product development, with a successful track record
- Outstanding teamwork, communication, collaboration, and initiative skills
- In depth knowledge of product development processes, including consumer insights, food development, commercialization and manufacturing
- Demonstrated expertise in ingredient behaviors and interactions in multiple food systems and processes
- Experience working with contract manufacturing and vendors to ensure quality and consistency of products as designed
- Knowledge of quality management and specification development practices
- Demonstrated success in leading innovation projects, as part of cross functional teams and influencing outside of core team
- Balanced ability to lead creative vision, strategy and operational routines
- Passion and curiosity about consumer behavior; guest-centric mindset and approach
- High awareness of external landscape, market influences and shifting consumer behavior in the food and retail industry
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture