Industry Intelligence Senior ConsultantApply Now Job ID: R0000123616 job family: Corporate Strategy schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Industry Intelligence Senior Consultant
The Intelligence team is responsible for developing actionable insights that inform Target’s corporate strategy, planning, and portfolio decisions. To inform these decisions, the team must develop and maintain a deep and proactive understanding of rapidly evolving industry, consumer, competitor, and regional drivers and trends over multiple time horizons. Alongside the rest of the team, the Industry Intelligence Senior Consultant will specifically be responsible for generating industry and regional intelligence and insights.
The candidate will be responsible for delivering the following key objectives:
- Serve as a trusted expert by developing and maintaining deep intelligence on industry, economic and regional trends that could cause disruption or opportunistic moments for Target.
- Create and execute various research methodologies in support of data-driven decision making.
- Leverage depth and breadth of internal and external data sources for holistic and unbiased insights on industry, economic and regional landscape.
- Collaborate with key business partners to secure and integrate intelligence while driving deeper understanding of market dynamics and competitive moves.
- Ensure constant and widespread understanding of trends and external factors across key partners at Target.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leverage industry data and analysis to develop and maintain intelligence about key and emerging trends.
- Develop key indicators and thresholds to drive proactive monitoring around industry and competitor dynamics.
- Develop and maintain economic and retail dashboards to understand market landscape
- Maintain and elevate relationships with internal and external data providers and key industry experts as sources of intelligence. Understand strengths and limitation of each and consult cross-functionally on appropriate use of each.
- Develop new sources of data and build a working knowledge of sources and tools.
- Partner with other insights teams to align monitoring efforts that avoids duplication and promotes information sharing
- Respond with urgency to leadership ad hoc requests.
- Organize research, analyze raw information from multiple sources, remove bias, and structure clear actionable insights to strategic business issues.
- Reports to Director Industry Intelligence while supporting Intelligence Leads.
- Working relationships with ISI teams on various ad-hoc projects (Enterprise Strategy Development, Enterprise Strategic Planning, New Ventures and Accelerators, Finance, Insights).
- Other key relationships with Merchandising, Marketing, Digital, Food & Beverage, Finance, Stores and Risk
- Other relationships as dictated by role, including but not limited to Key Initiative owners.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to translate data and intelligence into meaningful insights through disciplined methodologies and analytical and conceptual frameworks.
- Independent ability to drive structure out of ambiguity, connect dots across disparate insights, and structure synthesized output.
- Diverse and rigorous problem-solving toolkit, inclusive of analytical and conceptual thinking.
- Firm understanding of all relevant insights and intelligence sources within scope for Target’s enterprise business including strengths and limitations of each (Census, IRI, NPD, Master Card, Argus, etc.)
- General understanding of internal insights teams, their purposes, collected insights, processes, applications, clients, etc. – including strengths and limitations of each.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, thoughtful questioning, and ability to create succinct presentations.
- Ability to prioritize multiple income requests.
- 4-year college degree with minimum 3-5 years of experience driving strategic business insights.
- Experience with data manipulation such as Tableau, Quid, pivot tables, Domo
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills and ability to synthesize and clearly communicate complex findings to focus on critical issues and actionable opportunities.
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and to learn/ follow a systematic approach to strategic problem solving: define/ reframe key questions, develop hypotheses, structure quantitative and qualitative analyses to develop insights, formulate well-founded recommendations, and communicate recommendations to leaders at various levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with a strong ability to tell compelling business and result stories.
- Innate curiosity and desire to learn with a strong inclination to drive for results in ambiguous spaces.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture