Inventory Operations Analyst - IPC (Inventory Planning Control)
The Inventory Planning Control (IPC) team, a pillar of Global Inventory Management (GIM), is specifically responsible for monitoring and operating Target’s Inventory Planning and Control, systems. This team is responsible for the system that Inventory Management will use to get recommended order quantities, implement automatic ordering, decide how much inventory to buy, when to bring inventory into the target network, and where to position it. The IPC team innovates and continuously improves processes that result in sophisticated, intelligent and self-learning models. IPC is unique in that we are simultaneously developing the science of supply chain planning at Target and responsible for studying, designing, and building systems to suit Target’s needs.
As an Inventory Operations Analyst you will work across Target’s Global Inventory Management teams to ensure effective and efficient use of inventory systems, interfaces and processes to maximize on-boarding, process enhancement, and continuous product development. You will use your understanding of Legacy and Modern systems to support all of Target’s business categories and unique nodes using modern inventory systems across the enterprise. You will report to Lead Program Manager, Inventory Planning and Control.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support resolution of day to day issues faced with process and technology used to manage business functions.
- Serve as liaison between various business and technology teams to triage and facilitate resolution of technical and process issues.
- Issue management and troubleshooting across inventory systems including INR, IPC Policy, IPC Simulation, Purchase Plan, Modern Purchase Order, IMA, DFE, SPU, DCC, ITA, AI and more.
- Escalate procedural/technical issues to the respective teams.
- Develop and maintain relationships to collaborate with key partners to analyze and resolve issues – i.e. defect resolution with product teams.
- Involved in new capability post implementation/release support by reviewing application and process changes to ensure they are operational and stable.
- Support all aspects of a business process(es) including: proper execution of existing process, identifying process improvements, driving enhancements, influencing design of new processes, and influencing development of performance measures.
- Independently identify and analyze trends (data and process) during issue assessment and collaborate with product teams and business users to drive accurate & timely resolution to improve the user experience.
- Manage creation and maintenance of knowledge articles and triage documents for Modern Inventory Systems.
- Act as a subject matter expert in cross-functional projects and provides strategic leadership in discussions and/or initiatives pertaining to Support Process, User Feedback Loops, and IPC Chat Bot.
*Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business need.
- Familiarity with inventory concepts gained through Inventory Management work experience, including forecasting, planning, optimization, and logistics.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in easy to understand terminology with multiple audiences.
- Ability to interpret qualitative and quantitative data to recognize complex problems and identify impacted teams, products and processes.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic, cross-functional leadership, planning and execution.
- Experience utilizing problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven experience achieving results by leading, partnering, and influencing others.
- Technical aptitude and familiarity-to/interest-in the design and interaction of users and complex logistics software systems.
- Ability to adjust priorities to the ever changing needs of the business to consistently deliver to our guests.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture