Jewelry Designer/Trend ForecasterApply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000178635
job family: User Experience & Interface
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Management & Product Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines or apparel & accessories categories. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with the Design team means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Are you a design expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of industry trends, new materials and techniques? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and create products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their design and quality for the price? Then you’ll have success on our Design team who owns the design and development of all Target-owned brands, from apparel to home goods, and beauty to essentials. In close partnership with our merchant and sourcing counterparts, you’ll drive brand cohesion and continuity.
As Jewelry Designeryou will curate Owned Brand products that achieve overall product design strategy and merchant objectives while delivering incredible value and trend right products to our Guests. Under the direction of Design leadership, you will work within assigned categories, brand, business or guest segment and manage your own process and calendar. These categories include and are not limited to jewelry, jewelry organization, as well as potential to work on other categories. You will be expected to maintain a diligent approach to workload, which includes timely communication with internal and external partners. You’ll support the end-to-end design vision throughout the development process including category trend, color, artwork direction, research, material selection, silhouette design, cost engineering and guest research. Using Trend & Concept boards you’ll translate ideas for product direction and own communication with the vendor, merchant and sourcing partners. This role includes preparing professional presentation boards with illustrations, CAD artwork, and material samples. In addition, you will curate product designs to maintain overall creative direction, merchant line plans, assortment strategies, and price points. You’ll support brand cohesion by partnering with peers across the division and you’ll collaborate with our vendors, overseas partners & sourcing to trouble shoot and resolve product issues. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic, highly creative and inclusive culture at Target, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
- Collaborates with Design Director and the design team to research top trends and conceptualize jewelry collections that are in keeping with the brand DNA
- Develops a deep understanding of the brands DNA and is responsible for creating a line in accordance with the Brand aesthetics, strategy, and Guest Insights that are inclusive of all Guests
- Study markets, shop retail, and interact with consumer to establish trends
- Directs design from start to finish including new materials and hardware development
- Partner with vendor/team to source and choose materials for products with strong focus on sustainability
- Curates and presents designs that are innovative, fit within the line plans and are within design and cost parameters
- Partners cross functionally with Brand partners, merchants, sourcing and design team and participates in meetings with these partners
- Makes presentations of design concepts to internal partners & vendor partners
- Guides vendors on design direction of items and collections throughout the development process
- Follow up on all product comments, feedback on materials, finishes, and follow through needed to perfect the product
- Ability to build and maintain a good rapport with internal & external partners, handle situations with confidence, tact, resourcefulness, and influences stakeholders
- Adhere to and continuously evolve Brand standards
- Support seasonal material development and build on material/process experience to drive sustainability
- Performs additional duties, special projects and assignments, as requested
- Responsible for upholding Brand design integrity, high quality execution and timeliness throughout the entire creative process
- Will use Photoshop, PowerPoint, CAD tools, Illustrator, and 3D in the performance of duties
- Comfortable utilizing 3D/virtual sampling processes across all stages of development
- 5 plus years’ experience in jewelry design/ development
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage expectations
- Demonstrate creativity with a strong attention to detail
- Exceptional team player with strong communication skills—you are proactive, organized, clear, collaborative, and action-oriented
- Highly accountable to workload, deadlines, ability to multi-task
- Timely decision making
- Ability to articulate Functional/Technical aspects needed in products
- Quick learner and positive attitude
- Highly Organized and deeply curious
- Inclusive mindset & acumen a must
- Interest & passion for driving circular & sustainable design practices
- Independently examines complex information and/or situations, evaluates potential impact, options, and makes recommendations
- Computer design system skills: Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign with high proficiencies in CAD illustration and 3D
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Design or equivalent work experience
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture