Lead ACD CreativeApply Now Job ID: R0000062924 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves in connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love and our business. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies, media and ad tech companies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and performance-based marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
Roundel is Target’s entry into the media business; an advertising sell-side business built on the principles of first party (people based) data, brand safe content environments and proof that our marketing programs drive business results for our clients. We operate with the ethos of trust and transparency and that media works best when it works in everyone’s best interest. At the very root of that, Roundel is here to drive business growth for our clients, and redefine “value” in the industry by solving core industry challenges vs. copy current industry methods of operation. We are here to drive a key growth initiative for Target and to lead the industry to a better way of operating within the media marketplace.
As the Associate Creative Director, Roundel, you will…
Own the development of creative and strategic integrated custom programs for a variety of internal and external clients, working alongside Marketing, Sales, Client Management and Campaign Management.
You provide the creative vision to guide and inspire internal and external creative teams/agencies to innovate, concept and execute creative solutions and challenge conventional thinking to meet and exceed business and marketing objectives.
Your work will be cross channel and will include both B2C and B2B initiatives. You will be a partner in helping to drive Roundel’s overall strategy and business goals. You will oversee development of clear, compelling pitch materials that sell through our insights, ideas and value to clients. You will guide impactful creative solutions that drive a client’s marketing goals and ensure measurable success for them. You will attend brainstorming sessions with publisher editorial teams to ensure that creative concepts are relevant to audiences and editorial.
Where necessary, you will articulate Target’s brand (voice and culture) within the work, seamlessly integrating a multicultural lens. Multi-tasking and collaborating with partners across creative and marketing disciplines, you are responsible for providing clear, actionable and timely feedback, and meeting project deadlines. You are comfortable partnering to build and provide guidance in the moment, as well as guiding the work and in selling concepts to partners across internal partners and external organizations. You will need to demonstrate excellent taste level and experience in photo/art direction, graphic design, and typography. Critical to this role is staying current with retail trends and experiences, developing competent base knowledge of categories and guest behaviors, and being a passionate advocate for great design. An understanding of digital media key performance indicators and measurement is a must.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4-year college degree and/or equivalent experience
- 7 - 10 years of creative strategy experience at an agency, content studio or brand
- A strong understanding of content marketing and best practices across all digital formats and social channels.
- Experience working with B2B and B2C is preferred.
- A willingness to embrace a culture of collaboration
- Expert knowledge of all CS software and the Mac platform
- Ability to leverage research and insight to successfully reinforce client strategy
- Experience using data to make decisions
- Strong creative portfolio demonstrating breadth of design and photo art direction capabilities
- Experience leading multi-channel work from ideation through execution.
- Proven ability to lead teams as well as create independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to pitch high-level concepts effectively to both internal stakeholders and clients
- Think strategically, critically and creatively.
- Action oriented with ability to prioritize and drive results.
- Desire and ability to learn quickly – self-starting, highly motivated, fast working
- Collaborative influencer with a clear POV and ability to establish rapport with peers
- Adept at managing multiple, concurrent and complex projects
- Ability to identify the need for change and lead teams through it
- Flexible to travel as needed
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture