Lead AI Scientist - Deep Learning/NLPApply Now Job ID: R0000061311 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
9743 Sunnyvale CA,100 Mathilda Pl,Sunnyvale,California,United States,94086
As a Lead A.I. Scientist on the Computer Vision and New Capabilities team, you will develop artificial intelligence models and algorithms for our retail business. You will work with retail business partners and other scientists to gain an understanding of our business needs and technology processes. You will build end-to-end A.I. solutions to meet those needs, including development, deployment, and maintenance of algorithms and models.
In this role, you will translate your knowledge of computer vision and/or natural language processing into products that impact millions of Target guests daily. You’ll get to work with the latest research and technology, and your solutions will drive the next generation of guest experiences and business insights.
In this role at Target as a Lead AI Scientist, you will:
- Develop and deploy models, algorithms for computer vision and/or natural language processing using deep/machine learning
- Implement complex technical problems in a retail business setting
- Partner and communicate clearly with technology partners, engineers, and business partners to define and deliver solutions
- Partner with engineers to design, deploy and productize algorithms and models
- Review and measure models and algorithms developed by the team
- Keep abreast of industrial and academic research
- Mentor and train peer scientists and engineers
- Support agile ceremonies
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of experience in building machine learning models, artificial intelligence models, optimization algorithms or equivalent experience
- Proficient in one or more of C++, Java, Scala, Python or equivalent programming language
- Deployed large scale models/algorithms in prior experience
- Deep understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Expertise in linear algebra, statistics, information theory or related mathematical domains
- Understanding of deep learning, dynamic programming, reinforcement learning or related areas both in theory and practice
- Ability to test and measure algorithms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in Python and proficiency in machine/deep learning frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch, scikit-learn)
- Theoretical and practical understanding of computer vision and NLP applications, including: image classification, object detection and tracking, named entity recognition, and word and sentence embeddings
Why work with us at Target?
- You will work directly on the AI problems that have the most impact on Target's entire supply chain, forecasting and merchandising.
- We are using great tools. Not only are we using programming languages like Haskell, Rust, Scala, and Python, but we are also using modern tooling and infrastructure like Nix, Kubernetes, and Kafka.
- We love open source! Many of our team members contribute to open source communities and get to do it during work time. We try to contribute back to our communities where we can and are grateful to be able to open source some of our own projects!
- We value diversity. We believe that diversity and inclusion is of core importance when trying to create positive in-store experiences for our guests, and we think it is also critically important when building our teams. Read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion
- We value our team members. We treat our team members like people, not like cogs in a machine. We value our team members for who they are, not just what they can get done. We are parents, hobbyists, enthusiasts, family members, and community members, and can offer flexibility to our team members' schedules and work arrangements so that they can flourish both inside and outside of work.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture