Lead AI Scientist - Demand Forecasting and PricingApply Now Job ID: R0000079206 job family: Artificial Intelligence schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
JOIN TARGET AS A LEAD AI SCIENTIST – DEMAND FORECASTING AND PRICING
As a Lead A.I. Scientist on the Pricing and Demand Forecasting team with Target AI you’ll develop artificial intelligence models and algorithms for our retail business. You’ll work closely with partner team data scientists and Merch business partners to continuously learn more about our business and particularly develop an understanding of the various processes we have in play. You will partner with engineers and applied scientists on our partner teams to build solutions for business needs including development, deployment, and maintenance of algorithms and models at scale!
Our team oversees the creation and development of the Demand Forecasting quantitative platform, building the key components which allow us to evaluate the demand and prices of our products and proprietary ‘new ventures’ products. We aim to develop these tools to be more efficient and precise, whilst also making them directly available to our business team users - allowing us to quickly respond to our Guest’s needs in stores and online.
In this role at Target as a Lead AI Scientist, you will:
- Change the way demand forecasting and pricing is originated in retail and at Target.
- Create our next generation demand and pricing platform at a Fortune 30 company.
- Write code for math/stats models to evaluate demand for millions of items and compute prices.
- Partner with business users and other scientists / engineers to build a framework allowing us to develop a new platform to more efficiently estimate demand and price on the fly.
- Impact our business by improving our ability to serve our Guests and by directly reducing compute cost through more efficient algorithms.
- Coordinate the analysis, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues in our software and the broader infrastructure.
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of experience in building machine learning models, AI models, optimization algorithms or equivalent experience
- Proficient in one or more of Python, C++, Java, Scala or equivalent programming language
- Deployed large scale models/algorithms in prior experience
- Deep understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Expertise in linear algebra, statistics, information theory or related mathematical domains
- Understanding of deep learning, dynamic programming,reinforcement learning or related areas both in theory and practice
- Ability to test and measure algorithms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative skills including specific experience with Statistical Inference, Generalized Linear Models, Markov Decision Processes
- Experience working with large event-driven distributed systems and multi-threaded applications.
Why grow your career with Target AI?
- You will work directly on the AI problems that have the most impact on Target's entire supply chain, forecasting and merchandising teams.
- We value diversity. We believe that diversity and inclusion is of core importance when try to create positive in-store experiences for our guests, and we think it is also critically important when building our teams. Read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion
- We love open source! Many of our team members contribute to open source communities and get to do it during work time. We try to contribute back to our communities where we can and are grateful to be able to open source some of our own projects!
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture