Lead AI Scientist - PersonalizationApply Now Job ID: R0000089420 job family: Artificial Intelligence schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
JOIN US AS A LEAD AI SCIENTIST – PERSONALIZATION
Join Target’s AI team where you can help us define and shape what the future of retail would look like. Let’s mine the right data to derive actionable insights that drive value across the global enterprise! In Target’s hyper-growing Data Science and AI team, the Lead AI Scientist for our Personalization team will contribute as follows:
- Anticipates future business needs and identifies opportunities for complex analysis
- Gathers and analyzes data to solve and address highly complex business problems and evaluate scenarios to make predictions on future outcomes and support decision making
- Designs and drives the creation of new standards and best practices in the use of statistical data modeling, big data and optimization tools for Target
As a Lead AI Scientist in Target AI, you’ll take the lead as you:
- Realize solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning/deep learning techniques and statistics
- Deploy data science and technology-based algorithmic solutions to address business needs
- Produce large scale implementations of: Linear, Non-Linear and Generalized Linear models and their extensions, including Hierarchical and Bayesian variants; Survival models; Spatial and Time-series models; Machine Learning algorithms such as Neural Networks; Support Vector Machines and so on.
- M.S in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or related quantitative field
- A passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with large scale data
- 3+ years of experience deploying algorithms in a production environment
- Proficient in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C, C++ as well as deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow and Keras
- Strong engineering mindset and exposure to software engineering principles, Agile methodologies, data pipeline engineering, distributed systems and machine learning at scale
- Experience designing algorithms for a relevance system such as a Personalized tools, Search/Ranking, Recommendations, Forecasting, Supply Chain Simulation, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PhD in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics, Operations Research or related quantitative field
- Publications in top journals and conferences such as ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, COLING NIPS, KDD, AAAI, IJCAI, ICML, WWW, WSDM, etc.
Why grow your career with Target AI?
- You will work directly on the AI/ML problems that have the most impact on Target's entire Digital, Supply Chain, Forecasting and Merchandising teams at the grandest scale.
- We value diversity. We believe that diversity and inclusion is of core importance when we create positive in-store experiences for our guests, and we think it is also critically important when building our teams. Read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion
- We love open source! Many of our team members contribute to open source communities and get to do it during work time. We try to contribute back to our communities where we can and are grateful to be able to open source some of our own projects!
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture