Lead Analyst, Last Mile Transportation Performance AnalysisApply Now Job ID: R0000065842 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
Last Mile Transportation Performance Analysis is a group of intellectually curious managers and analysts that generate insights using data to support our transportation execution partners. Our goal is to work hand in hand with our carrier managers to minimize on-time delivery, increase speed to guest, and reduce transportation spend which, ultimately, creates value for Target Corp. and maximizes guest satisfaction. The team currently uses a wide variety of analytics tools including Excel/Access, R, Python, SQL, and proprietary BI platforms (similar to Tableau) to work with small, sparse datasets as well as big data platforms like Hadoop. The Lead Analyst of Last Mile Transportation Performance Analysis will play a central leadership role in supporting these initiatives. This person will be responsible for guiding analyses that directly improve operational performance, inspiring peers and stakeholders to embrace the fast paced / always changing environment, and communicating complex analytics to a broad ranging audience.
The core tenants in Last Mile Transportation that help us to create a cohesive team and in turn support Target’s expanding and evolving supply chain include:
- Advocate for decisions based on what is good for Target holistically and act as agents for change instead of accepting the status quo;
- Use data and metrics to understand the business, identify areas in need of improvement, support others and measure the impact of our actions;
- Promote ownership and engagement across all levels of our organization;
- Think about problems and solutions creatively and without bias for the way things are now;
- Respond to large impact events and guest facing defects with urgency and an “all hands on deck” attitude.
- Analyze key performance metrics to root cause performance issues and drive change
- Indirectly supervise junior analysts to help answer business questions based on data and analysis
- Inspire intellectual curiosity around operational improvement opportunities
- In situations where reliable data does not exist, look for creative ways to obtain it
- Influence system owners to build data or create processes to capture data
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes which make the team more efficient
- Background and/or experience in supply chain, operations, economics or related field
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic, and can easily work with others, regardless of their analytical proficiency or technical competence
- Can make decisions with little to no guidance from manager or other leaders
- Proficient with one or more tools for analysis and reporting (R, Python preferred)
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Process-oriented with strong analytical and communication skills
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture