Lead Associate Creative Director, Digital Media
Associate Creative Director, Digital Media
Target is an iconic, beloved and well-recognized brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
Target Creative is the in-house creative agency dedicated to bringing one of the world’s most beloved and recognizable brands to life. Whether through design, marketing or brand work, we are the driving force behind delivering Target’s dynamic, inventive and unmistakable storytelling to its massive global audience. Our mission is to inspire a sense of joy, wonder and excitement, and to take our guests—and ourselves—somewhere new. Never resting on past wins or settling for anything less than extraordinary, our origin story built us to thrive in the competitive and changing retail marketplace. We tell a compelling and cohesive brand story, maximizing our messages across multiple platforms—whether via a digital art gallery or a new $1 billion children’s clothing brand. Operating as one fully integrated team in both the U.S. and overseas, Target Creative comprises the best and brightest talent to execute market-leading creative strategy, design, writing, video production, operations, digital, UX, social media and more. We leverage smart and rewarding external partnerships while closely aligning with our Target teams. Together, we tackle every creative challenge with our amplified strengths, ultimately bearing the groundbreaking creative work that helps make Target the decisive guest favorite, year after year.
As a Lead Associate Creative Director, Digital, you will lead creative teams in developing capabilities and creative standards for digital media. You will articulate Target’s brand (voice and culture) to infuse the work with an unmistakable Target approach, seamlessly integrating a multicultural lens. You provide the creative vision to guide and inspire internal and external creative teams/agencies to innovate, concept and execute creative solutions and challenge conventional thinking to meet and exceed business and marketing objectives. Multi-tasking and collaborating with partners across creative, technology, and marketing disciplines, you are responsible for providing clear, actionable and timely feedback, and meeting project deadlines. You are comfortable in hands-on creation, as well as guiding the work and in selling the concepts to partners across the organization. You will need to demonstrate excellent taste level and experience in photo/art direction, graphic design, interaction design, motion, video, and typography. Critical to this role is staying current with retail & media trends and experiences, developing competent base knowledge of categories and guest behaviors, and being a passionate advocate for great design.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4-year college degree and/or equivalent experience
- 7 - 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Expert knowledge of standard design software (Adobe tools, Mac platform, etc.)
- Familiarity with key digital media-specific creative tech (HTML5, video, dynamic feeds, etc.) and tools (Google Web Designer, Hype, Sketch, etc.)
- Strong creative portfolio demonstrating breadth of creative capabilities, with a focus on digital design, art direction, and innovative digital media executions.
- Solid understanding of the digital media landscape, including its unique creative challenges.
- Experience leading multi-channel work from ideation through execution.
- Proven ability to lead teams as well as create independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interface and present to all levels of the organization
- Think strategically, critically and creatively.
- Action oriented with ability to prioritize and drive results.
- Desire and ability to learn quickly – self-starting, highly motivated, fast working
- Collaborative influencer with a clear POV and ability to establish rapport with peers
- Adept at managing multiple, concurrent and complex projects
- Ability to identify the need for change and lead teams through it
- Flexible to travel as needed
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture