Lead Associate Creative Director, Motion MediaApply Now Job ID: R0000095459 job family: Communications schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Lead Associate Creative Director, Motion Media
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
A role with Target Communications means a chance to continuously improve the quality, relevance, creativity and authenticity of both internal and external storytelling. Bring your skills as a bold and forward-thinking professional communicator who thrives on building confidence, driving brand love and creating value. Here, you will shine as a relationship-focused pro who is strategically minded, an expert executor and an articulate brand ambassador. Rise to the challenge of driving results with smart risk-taking, constant innovation and perpetual teaching and learning. Comprised of Public Relations, Executive Communications, Crisis Management and Internal Enterprise Communications, this team strengthens and protects Target’s reputation and helps drive traffic, sales and guest loyalty. You will develop deep relationships with business partners to ensure critical information flows through multiple channels, building confidence with team members and external stakeholders and strengthening Target’s position within the competitive retail marketplace.
As Lead Associate Creative Director, Motion Media, you’ll serve as a visual and audio story-crafter and creative lead, and production strategist, all with the goal of sharing Target’s story and strengthening audience engagement internally and externally. You'll collaborate with a team of talented storytellers, communicators and creative business partners to deliver daily news and content to Target team members and the general public in video and audio formats – and beyond.
Use your skills, experience and talent to be a part of Target’s groundbreaking corporate communications platforms. You’ll play a role in:
- Creative direction – you’ll be responsible for establishing the conceptual and/or stylistic direction of all motion and audio work, including storyboarding and/or creatively outlining all multimedia projects.
- Multimedia production – you’ll direct video and audio productions for our signature communication channels and beyond with a strong understanding of the Target brand.
- Collaboration – you’ll work across the communications team, communications agencies and key Target business partners to accomplish daily tasks. You’ll direct senior-level leaders during production. A knack for solutions-oriented results and successful collaboration is critical.
- Operational support – you’ll use your project and organizational skills to oversee the production calendar and manage channel plans for our multimedia content. You understand and manage technical, equipment, lighting and scheduling recommendations to support all partners. You can shoot and run other complex technical production equipment. You manage production budgets.
- Innovation – you’ll bring an innovative approach to all work and prioritize continuous improvement to keep it fresh, engaging and future-focused.
- Leading – you’ll guide talent, internal and external, who will help create or develop specific parts of the work.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent, with emphasis in creative production or digital content-related area
- 8+ years of related work experience
- Prior experience and effectiveness in video and multimedia production, including applicable technical expertise in using equipment
- Proven skills in relationship development, project management, and issue resolution
- Ability to focus on both broad, strategic vision and small, critical details
- Ability to take risks and thrive in ambiguity and a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Expertise in communication measurement, analytics and reporting
- Experience in leadership development
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture