Lead Business Partner - Store CommunicationsApply Now Job ID: STO000QOR Date posted: 12/04/2018 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Lead Business Partner: Store Communication
Works with cross-functional partners to create and deliver communication to store teams and field leaders designed to help them understand how to bring a modernized guest experience to life in stores. Works with peers in Store Communications to modernize the content and delivery method for store communication, moving away from lengthy printed guides to bite-sized mobile content.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the creation of store and field level communication for new program rollouts and large cross-functional projects.
- Develops and delivers comprehensive communication plans, communicating project status along the way to completion.
- Challenges partners and leads without authority in cross-functional teams to develop innovative communication strategies that result in strong performance in stores.
- Thinks holistically about all communication flowing to stores, and understands how their work fits into the whole and supports company priorities.
- Stays current with communication best practices within the industry. Implements continuous improvements across the team by identifying gaps, benchmarking, developing solutions and getting leader and team buy-in.
- Regularly engages with the field to gain feedback on communication strategies.
- Acts as an advocate for stores when developing communication plans to ensure all team members receive the information they need to appropriately execute projects and tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 7-10 years of experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management experience and skill set
- Self-directed and can manage multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to leverage partnerships in order to obtain feedback and insight, influence, negotiate, and accomplish work through others
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or Public Relations
- 6-9 years of practical communications experience
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture