Lead BusinessPartner Store OperationsApply Now Job ID: R0000115812 job family: Store Process & Operations schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Store Operations Lead Business Partner – Process Operations Field Testing
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Store Operations is continuing to transform the way it operates. Here, your work directly supports the store mission to be the guest favorite through successfully developing and communicating the processes for operations, style and experience, new structures, new operating models and new technology, and utilizing workforce management activities for our 1,800 locations nationwide. Store Operations manages and enhances the informational resources for researching and resolving operational issues, while guiding and communicating with the field team and leaders who use them. Are you a customer service enthusiast who can actively listen to many points of view and then visualize how they’ll perform when operationalized in a store? Are you happy to partner with leaders as well as field team members who are often the experts on how well a process is working? Can you creatively envision more efficient processes and how they’ll deliver a better experience for guests and team members? Do you possess the innovative mindset to question the status quo, and the confidence to work under varying degrees of ambiguity and well-informed experimentation? Then you’ll have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role with Process Operations means a big opportunity to apply your logistics, supply chain and fulfillment experience to improve the strategies that fuel behind-the-scenes processes like fulfillment, replenishment and inventory accuracy. Use your talents and experience with advanced proficiency on specific subject matters to apply established standards, practices and processes, lead projects within your department, and participate in large projects across the enterprise. Demonstrate self-direction, detailed problem solving, independent judgement and decision making in order to drive results for Store Operations.
As a Lead Business Partner in Process Operations – Field Testing, you will:
- Represent Store Operations in enterprise initiatives, and ensure store impact is communicated and understood by stakeholders throughout project milestones.
- Build relationships with HQ and Field business leaders, process owners, and cross-functional partners; Create feedback loops and routines to deepen operational acumen, serve as the voice of the stores, and provide recommendations/solutions for business problems.
- Establish, communicate, and implement comprehensive project plans and hold project partners accountable to ensure all deadlines are met
- Be responsible for building relationships, benchmarking with internal organizations, and maintaining close contact with field teams to understand operational opportunities, solicit feedback and evolve process solutions
- Build understanding of the external landscape and identifies trends in the industry that impact Store Operations and Target initiatives, leverage competitor insights to inform strategies, benchmark performance, identify emerging trends, best methods, tools, and technologies, and influence innovation.
- Drive operational improvement in stores by re-designing processes, improving operational efficiency, elevating the guest experience and increasing profitable sales
- Developing, iterating and owning the testing of price, set, sign, and fill process redesign initiatives to achieve the necessary Return on Investment (ROI) while efficiently utilizing Target resources.
- Utilize critical thinking, strategy, research, analysis, issue framing, benchmarking and communications to understand and influence the technology, process, and change management needs for the stores organization
- Use data, insights and research to develop strategies that align to enterprise needs and address escalated questions or concerns
- Lead/Coordinate store visits to assess and identify ways to reduce store expense, rework, simplify processes and solicit store feedback; Consult on operational initiatives as needed
- Champion Target’s Purpose, Beliefs, and Behaviors across teams and while delivering upon business opportunities
- Job duties may change at any time due to business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of experience in relevant operations or store support role
- Ability to build and support a strategic vision to drive organizational change
- Experience influencing key business partners, including senior leadership
- Project and process management/ownership experience
- Experience operating in an ambiguous and rapidly changing work environment
- Ability to work independently with limited direction and in high intensity situations with tight deadlines
- Ability to challenge upward and challenge the status quo
- Ability to resolve problems that are without clear precedent
- Ability to influence and negotiate effectively
- Experience building and maintaining cross-functional working relationships
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership and conflict management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Desired MBA
- Desired previous stores experience
- Desired 6Sigma/LEAN certification
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture