Lead Compliance Consultant - Records ManagementApply Now Job ID: R0000065712 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
LEAD COMPLIANCE CONSULTANT, RECORDS MANAGEMENT
Date: February 2020
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
To match the signature style and passion of Target’s distinctive and beloved retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of legal pros, each with valuable expertise from several disciplines. Whether specializing in government affairs, policy, risk management, regulatory compliance, ethics or employee and labor relations, this team advocates for Target and its business plans in communities across the nation and works across the entire company to provide internal clients with cohesive guidance. We are committed to being internal experts to both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target’s ability to productively do business. We focus on defining, investigating, anticipating and ultimately mitigating risk in all its forms. We apply our grasp of brand law by overseeing, maintaining and ensuring correct, consistent and authorized use of Target’s signature Bullseye logo, assets and other trademarked material. We help protect Target and its subsidiaries by applying our comprehensive understanding and interpretation of the laws that govern our stores, distribution centers and corporate locations. Here, you’ll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business and building relationships with the senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be key to tackling the ever-changing legal challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail landscape. From brand and patent law to contract development and negotiations, you’ll be challenged and gratified by a role with Target Legal Affairs.
A role in Corporate Compliance and Ethics means providing support and managing key compliance areas for Target including stores, distribution centers and at headquarters. You will also be a part of helping Target maintain a positive work environment by coordinating efforts in its Ethics office.
Lead the development and implementation of Records Management Programs across the company. This role is responsible for developing and leading multiple Records Management Programs; including, Healthcare Records Management, Privacy Personal Disclosures, Off-Site Storage Program, Cloud-Based Retention, International Retention, Retention Schedule Management, Record Keeping Systems Inventory. Role will engage wide range of leaders and teams, training them on records management requirements and best practices compliance. Additionally, the role leads the records management governance committee that ensures our schedule remains current with evolving legal requirements. Role must have strong communication and program management skills, and be comfortable with minimal direction and in ambiguous settings.
- Initiate and sustain productive engagement and relationships with senior leaders responsible for product portfolios that contain systems of Records.
- Maintain the Compliance Management System for the Records Management programs.
- Consult on new business and technology initiatives to ensure retention is built into the system and supporting processes.
- Develop processes and tools that facilitate the implementation of records management programs, and work with senior leaders to gain adoption across the enterprise.
- Analyze retention requirements and prioritize control testing across the company.
- Manage the relationship with our external vendor relationships for off-site storage
- Develop and apply reporting and analysis of the effectiveness of our records management programs and work with leaders to mitigate control gaps.
- Manage resources working on privacy personal disclosures and patient access requests to records to ensure timely response to outside parties.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Action-oriented and able to operate in ambiguous environments with minimal direction around new areas of work (e.g. interdependencies)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed oriented, strong accuracy and completeness
- BS/BA in a business related field
- Minimum of 7-10 years directly related experience
- Experience with Governance Risk and Compliance tools
- Excellent presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Highly organized, ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to drive results across many organizations
- Ability to lead, drive and implement initiatives independently
- Ability to work with numerous partners and get result through others
- Experience in retail or corporate environment working in matrixed operation
- Previous experience developing sustainable compliance programs
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture