Lead Corp Security Consultant, Threat Assessment TeamApply Now Job ID: R0000065417 job family: Security & Loss Prevention schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Lead Corporate Security Consultant-Threat Assessment Team
Date: February 2020
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
To match the signature style and passion of Target’s distinctive and beloved retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of legal pros, each with valuable expertise from several disciplines. Whether specializing in government affairs, policy, risk management, regulatory compliance, ethics or employee and labor relations, this team advocates for Target and its business plans in communities across the nation and works across the entire company to provide internal clients with cohesive guidance. We are committed to being internal experts to both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target’s ability to productively do business. We focus on defining, investigating, anticipating and ultimately mitigating risk in all its forms. We apply our grasp of brand law by overseeing, maintaining and ensuring correct, consistent and authorized use of Target’s signature Bullseye logo, assets and other trademarked material. We help protect Target and its subsidiaries by applying our comprehensive understanding and interpretation of the laws that govern our stores, distribution centers and corporate locations. Here, you’ll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business and building relationships with the senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be key to tackling the ever-changing legal challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail landscape. From brand and patent law to contract development and negotiations, you’ll be challenged and gratified by a role with Target Legal Affairs.
A role within Corporate Security means maintaining the physical security of our team members and property at our various facilities and locations. Here, you may support Target’s crises operations and continuity planning that provides guidance and procedures in the event of emergencies such as catastrophic weather.
Supports Global Crisis Management and Corporate Security in leading the enterprise-wide Workplace Violence Prevention Program through awareness, training, threat assessment and threat management. Conducts violence risk assessments from information provided by key partners. Identifies risk factors, recommends and creates mitigation and monitoring plans, and provides physical security guidance to support safety and security at Headquarters, Stores, and Distribution Center locations. Leads development and execution of Corporate Security projects that improve violence threat management capabilities and processes. Utilizes project management experience to lead or support enterprise wide or cross-functional projects related to violence risk and threat assessment.
- Participates in the Threat Assessment on-call rotation responsible for responding to reports of workplace violence
- Utilizes analytical skills to assess, mitigate and monitor escalated threats of workplace violence
- Leads violence threat assessment conference calls with key partners
- Works closely with cross-functional teams and develops strong relationships both internally and externally
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to develop and execute projects that improve safety and security throughout the company
- Actively participates in a business culture of trust, accountability, open communication, team work, personal development, and recognition
- Establishes enterprise-wide training and awareness materials to support the program
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
A successful candidate will have a proven track record of strategic thinking, problem solving and driving meaningful results. Key requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience within Physical Security, Corporate Security, Assets Protection, Human Resources, Employee Relations or Loss Prevention
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong self-motivator able to execute tasks with little or no guidance
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Able to work with highly confidential information
- Proven ability to communicate with and influence key business partners and leadership without authority
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities and tasks
- Ability to work under stress and tight deadlines
- Willingness to work evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays and during non-business hours when required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Office 365, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint)
Additional Desired Requirements
- Previous violence threat assessment, risk assessment or investigation experience
- Experience with investigation and risk assessment frameworks
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture