Lead Engineer - Cloud Detection (Remote or HQ)Apply Now Job ID: R0000155492 job family: Technology Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
JOIN TARGET CYBER SECURITY AS A LEAD ENGINEER – CLOUD DETECTION
As a cloud detection engineer on the Threat Intel Detection Engineering (TIDE) team, you will be an integral piece in securing Target against current and future threats. TIDE works closely with our Cyber Threat Intelligence team to track and build detection for our most sophisticated adversaries. Each engineer is responsible for managing and building subject matter expertise (SME) in our various detection platforms. TIDE engineers will also be called upon to develop bespoke solutions for our detection and workflow needs.
This role requires SME in GCP or Azure Security. You will be responsible for maintaining and building net-new visibility and capability to detect malicious behavior in Target’s cloud environments. Duties include, but not limited to, driving visibility and detection strategy from inception to implementation as well as developing core detection competencies in our enterprise environment.
While our primary customer is the Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT), we also build tooling and detection for threat hunting, investigations, and intelligence operations. We have access to the latest in technology in EDR (endpoint detection and response) and NSM (network security monitoring) as well as open-source cloud platforms.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Lead Engineer, you’ll take the lead as you…
Use your technology acumen to apply and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies within specialized area(s) of the technology domain. Evaluate new technologies and participates in decision-making, accounting for several factors such as viability within Target’s technical environment, maintainability, and cost of ownership. Initiate and execute research and proof-of-concept activities for new technologies. Lead or set strategy for testing and debugging at the platform or enterprise level. In complex and unstructured situations, serve as an expert resource to create and improve standards and best practices to ensure high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables. Lead the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services. Provide the team with thought leadership to promote re-use and develop consistent, scalable patterns. Participate in planning services that have enterprise impact. Provide suggestions for handling routine and moderately complex technical problems, escalating issues when appropriate. Gather information, data, and input from a wide variety of sources; identify additional resources when appropriate, engage with appropriate stakeholders, and conduct in-depth analysis of information. Provide suggestions for handling routine and moderately complex technical problems, escalating issues when appropriate.
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation
• Demonstrates strong domain-specific knowledge regarding Target’s technology capabilities, and key competitors’ products and differentiating features
• Demonstrates broad and deep expertise in multiple computer languages and frameworks (e.g., open source). Designs, develops, and approves end-to-end functionality of a product line, platform, or infrastructure
• Communicates and coordinates with project team, partners, and stakeholders
• Demonstrates expertise in analysis and optimization of systems capacity, performance, and operational health
• Understands and develops solutions to foster data lifecycle management
• Maintains deep technical knowledge within areas of expertise
• Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
• Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture