Lead Engineer - IoT PlatformApply Now Job ID: R0000082074 job family: Technology Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Lead Engineer – IoT Platform
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. Our guests love our commitment to continual innovation and right now, we are up to big things. Our goal is to deliver Target's unique brand promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future.
This position is for the Internet of Things Platform team within Target's Platform Services division. The Platform Services teams create, deploy, and manage enterprise platform solutions used by thousands of Target's engineers. This position is with the Internet of Things platform within Target's Platform Services division.
The IoT Platform will make it easy to say yes to connected device use cases across Target. IoTP allows business and engineering partners to create, connect, analyze and access data from connected devices to make decisions and enable automation. Building components to create this platform will allow us to democratize the data from these devices in a scalable, standardized and secure method.
The team creates an engineer-centric culture through team members selecting their own work, autonomy in implementation decisions, and debating ideas on merit. We work in pairs or groups not only to share knowledge but to include a diversity of thought in all our decisions. We encourage personal growth through variety of work, prioritizing career path discussions, and a commitment to continuous learning. The team enables smart risk and innovative experimentation by practicing blameless retrospectives, approaching every decision as an experiment, and focusing on learning through doing. We are an agile team that practices a blend of Scrum and Kanban, with a stress on independent, autonomous decisions of the team. We also have a flexible work environment as appropriate to the needs of the individual and team.
As a Lead Engineer, you serve as a specialist on the team. You help develop and gain insight in the application architecture. You can distill an abstract architecture into concrete design and influence the implementation. You show expertise in applying the appropriate software engineering patterns to build robust and scalable systems. You are an expert in programming and apply your skills in developing the product. You have the skills to design and implement architecture on your own, but choose to influence your fellow engineers by proposing software designs, providing feedback on software designs and/or implementation. You show good problem solving skills and can help the team in triaging operational issues. You leverage your expertise in eliminating repeat occurrences.
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation
• Demonstrates strong domain-specific knowledge regarding Target’s technology capabilities, and key competitors’ products and differentiating features
• Demonstrates broad and deep expertise in multiple computer languages and frameworks (e.g., open source). Designs, develops, and approves end-to-end functionality of a product line, platform, or infrastructure
• Communicates and coordinates with project team, partners, and stakeholders
• Demonstrates expertise in analysis and optimization of systems capacity, performance, and operational health
• Understands and develops solutions to foster data lifecycle management
• Maintains deep technical knowledge within areas of expertise
• Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
• Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture