Lead F&B Supply Chain AnalystApply Now Job ID: R0000060841 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At Target, food is life. So it’s the mission of our newly integrated Food & Beverage organization to help our guests more easily discover the joy of food. We thrive on giving families new favorite ways to eat well and cook less, simply and affordably. With curated in-store experiences and a streamlined assortment designed to inspire and save time, we understand the importance of food to our guests’ everyday life—from snack duty at soccer practice to important family gatherings and holidays. Join our centralized Food & Beverage team where you’ll partner with people from literally every area of the business. Here, you’ll help dream up new ways to offer our guests a reliably wonderful experience with the freshness, selection and value they expect and deserve from Target.
A role in Target’s Food Supply Chain is a chance to truly serve our guests with speed, freshness and quality. We strengthen the efficiency of product delivery and partner across Target’s Global Supply Chain to provide the highest quality food products to our guests—on time, every time. Here, your role might be extracting business insights from data, solving problem statements, conducting gap analysis and recommending focus areas for leadership. Or you’ll be an inventory management resource whose specialized point of view informs what we buy, from whom, how much and where it needs to go from there. You’ll leverage inventory positioning to achieve the best possible product availability, and establish and develop great relationships with our vendors to encourage on-time delivery. Or join our team in a food distribution center where you’re on the very front lines of getting product to the guest as fast as possible—a critical differentiator that keeps Target guests coming back for more.
As a Lead Supply Chain Analyst in Food and Beverage Supply Chain, you will support Target's supply chain transformation program by anticipating future business needs, identify opportunities for invention, innovation and improvement, and developing & executing strategies to improve efficiencies by optimizing performance and expense. Gathers and analyzes data to solve highly complex business problems, evaluating multiple operating models to predict and plan for future outcomes and support decision making. Provides thought leadership and peer coaching to lower level analysts, and uses data to influence peers and leaders, driving toward action and leading key partners toward the right business decisions.
- Recommend solutions to business problems based on analyzing large data models, data mining, leveraging optimization tools, machine learning techniques, and statistics
- Conduct analysis on strategic deployments required by the future operating model for supply chain such as omnichannel, local and last mile injection for Grocery and GM businesses and end to end replenishment strategies.
- Use historical trend data and future commitments to determine volumes and shifts to ensure necessary capacity requirements meet business needs.
- Develop quantitative business case
Project, Process, and Program Management
- Support and provide recommendations for projects and programs such as end to end supply chain initiatives and optimization
- Effectively lead projects/ programs using agile methodologies.
- Influence leaders by providing accurate data analysis, interpretation, with well-founded insights. Impact and influence key decisions throughout the project life cycle in conjunction with senior leaders.
- Manage relationships with internal partners to keep them informed on the Distribution perspective and impact related to supply chain initiatives.
- Identify roadblocks and communicate proactively to key stakeholders alerting them of potential delays.
Consulting and Process Improvement
- Lead peers in the development of process documentation related to Distribution Planning procedures and systems, forecasting, and workload planning.
- Ensure consistency and clarity so all processes stay current and are updated on schedule.
- Recommend appropriate responses to regulatory agency, external vendors and internal partner inquiries.
- Lead innovation and invention required to drive efficiencies in the future operating model
- Bachelors in engineering, operations research, math, advanced statistics, physics, and/or computer science;
- A minimum of 6 year’s experience
- Prefer candidates with previous Supply Chain experience / exposure (HQ or DC's)
- Good problem solving and project management experience
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Track record of driving innovation/ invention
- Self contained from a data analytics/ business intelligence standpoint
- Can make decisions with little to no guidance from manager or other leaders
- Strong communication skills
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture