Lead Front End Engineer - Target.com PlatformApply Now Job ID: R0000131737 job family: Technology Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
The Target.com Web Platform team empowers front-end teams to quickly and efficiently deliver high quality performant experiences for our guests. The Web Platform team is focused on front-end performance optimization, improving developer experience, code quality, and metrics & tracking. We achieve this through a Web Foundations product that shares core infrastructure, tooling, SDKs, and configuration between multi-tenant sites for Target.com. Members of the Web Platform team work in an agile team environment involving collaboration with front-end teams while taking a forward-thinking approach towards emerging technologies and potential use.
• Lead and develop scalable engineering solutions for cross-team concerns like UI state management, data fetching, performance, and other architectural problems
• Research and develop with the latest technologies like Next.js, React, and service workers to solve pain points for Web engineers and to solve business problems
• Automate developer pain away by developing CLIs, Slack & GitHub bots, custom tools, or custom lint rules
• Maintain and support the Web Foundations product by triaging issues and partnering with product teams
• Educate, share, and teach other Web & enterprise engineers through speaking and writing
• Serve and mentor other engineers through formal coaching, consulting, and pair programming
• BS degree in computer science or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of software development experience
• 4+ years of experience in web technologies
• Experience with front-end web frameworks like React, Angular, Vue, Svelte, or Polymer
• Experience developing responsive websites using HTML and CSS
• Familiarity with build tools such as webpack and Rollup
• Computer Science foundational knowledge including competencies working with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
• Experience automated testing and proficient with a testing framework (e.g. RTL, Jest, Cypress)
• Experience working with a source versioning tool, such as Git
• Experience working as a member of an Agile software development team
• Strong verbal and written communication skills demonstrating technical leadership
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Experience with TypeScript
• Experience with React and Node.js
• Experience working with GraphQL and RESTful web services
• Experience building accessible websites
• Experience working on project facilitating true CI and CD
• Exposure to DevOps tools, processes, and culture (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Git, etc.)
• Awareness of new and emerging technologies
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture