Lead Mechanical Engineer - Store DesignApply Now Job ID: R0000119141 job family: Building Operations Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target’s distinctive brand love is infused throughout its many physical locations by the Properties teams. We have a direct and positive impact on the real estate, design, construction and maintenance of our stores, distribution centers and headquarters. Are you ready to help strategically grow Target’s brand through leading-edge design, development, construction and preservation? Can you effectively balance the efficiencies of a large-design build company with the unique challenges and innovative solutions required by individual sites? Then take your place on one of our Properties teams, and help us make the most of Target’s physical assets, both in the U.S. and overseas.
A role in Store Design -Engineering means the opportunity to apply your innovative, sustainable design and technical expertise. Your work will help define the physical experience and evolve the brand image in stores in support of Target business strategies. You’ll interpret program and scope details to integrate them with the site design and aesthetic, including new stores inside and out, exteriors and interiors, remodels and innovation projects.
The Lead Mechanical Engineer is a technical and process leader within Target that establishes the strategy for building mechanical system designs and supports execution of designs by managing external engineering design consultants. You will be responsible to create, modify and ensure implementation of fire protection and HVAC designs that can be applied to Stores, Distribution and / or Corporate Facilities within Target. You will function as the Subject Matter Expert and be responsible to communicate and collaborate across multiple teams within and external to Target that include Store Design, Construction, Property Management, Finance, Supply Chain. You will also be responsible to understand emerging technologies and industry trends to incorporate new strategies into Target designs and identify areas for innovation
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs
- Bachelors mechanical engineering degree from ABET accredited program
- Preferred 10 years experience with a consultant engineering firm, contractor, or a manufacturer of building engineered systems
- Proficient in the design and knowledgeable in the operation of commercial building mechanical systems, including HVAC and fire protection
- Possess well developed knowledge of commercial building design and construction processes
- Practical knowledge of the design and application of discipline specific products
- Ability to negotiate effectively to achieve agreements that all parties can support
- Ability to synthesize complex information from a variety of sources and use that information to make informed decisions
- Ability and desire to seek out technical training opportunities to increase skills
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture