Lead Operations AnalystApply Now Job ID: R0000084607 job family: Business Intelligence Reporting & Analytics schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Operations is at the center of building strategies focused on utilizing stores as hubs to meet the guest’s needs both in person and through delivery, reducing out-of-stock issues, improving product transitions, inventory management, and enterprise space needs to enable growth and create inspiring experiences. Our team purpose is to build end to end Quality through metrics, prioritization, processes, and capabilities that help Target meet the needs of our guest. We bring a consistent approach to problem solving, and provide operational insights that enhance decision-making and grow the business. Do you love the idea of helping to shape the operations of one of America’s leading retailers? Do you have a growth mindset? Are you strategic and can you effectively collaborate with a variety of stakeholders in order solve complex problems? Then leverage your talent to provide Operations support to the strategic priorities for Target.
The Lead Operations Analyst you will work alongside team members to diagnose and evaluate processes’ across Target operation’s value stream, identify drivers for improvement, analyze root causes of performance gaps, and redesign end-to-end process’s as part of the improvement strategy to an operational area. You will support creating an environment that reinforces continuous improvement of operations, reduces guest pain points, and empowers other team members to enhance the value of the service they provide to guests.
The Lead Operations Analyst position leads the design of an interconnected end to end ecosystem of information, data and metrics to develop an in-depth understanding of the health of the Value Stream, measure disruptions at point of occurrence to build Quality within the process and enable to build feedback loops to drive Continuous Improvement. Using a hands on approach, you’ll ensure the diagnostic, design, and implementation of improvements within the business is performed to high standards and ensure delivery of measurable outcomes.
You will work closely with teams within Operations, Store Operations, Global Supply Chain & Logistics, Merchandising, Finance, Data Science, and other relevant enterprise stakeholders to clearly identify existing process design gaps using appropriate analytical or statistical methods, build prototype models and analytical process solutions, identify and build appropriate metrics when necessary.
You will need the ability to work autonomously and lead working sessions with business stakeholders that drive to conclusions, agreement, and outcomes.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in data analytics or reporting
- Experience with statistical analysis, multi-variant testing strategies and concepts, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis, data mining, financial analysis, economic order quantity modeling, game theory and optimization
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to write and understand SQL (Hive, Teradata, etc.) and use SQL to bring insight to life via key BI tools
- Conversant with SAS, R Python or other analytics tools
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of analytical and statistical techniques including model building and experimental design
- Proven business partnership connecting business questions with technical skills needed to address them
- Ability to take risks, challenge the status quo, and work under ambiguous circumstances
- Strong problem-solving, synthesizing, and analytical skills
- Strong written, oral, communication, networking, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills characterized by effective interactions with a diverse range of internal and external constituents, stakeholders, and audiences.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture