Lead Operations Engineer (Full-Time Remote or Hybrid)Apply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000177802
job family: Process Engineering
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Store Operations is continuing to transform the way it operates. Here, your work directly supports the store mission to be the guest favorite through successfully developing and communicating the processes for operations, style and experience, new structures, new operating models and new technology, and utilizing workforce management activities for our 1,800 locations nationwide. Store Operations manages and enhances the informational resources for researching and resolving operational issues, while guiding and communicating with the field team and leaders who use them. Are you a customer service enthusiast who can actively listen to many points of view and then visualize how they’ll perform when operationalized in a store? Are you happy to partner with leaders as well as field team members who are often the experts on how well a process is working? Can you creatively envision more efficient processes and how they’ll deliver a better experience for guests and team members? Do you possess the innovative mindset to question the status quo, and the confidence to work under varying degrees of ambiguity and well-informed experimentation? Then you’ll have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role with Process Operations means a big opportunity to apply your logistics, supply chain and fulfillment experience to continuously improve the strategies that fuel behind-the-scenes processes like fulfillment, replenishment and inventory accuracy.
The Lead Operations Engineer will support designing, testing and implementing optimal process solutions in Stores by applying engineered standards to identify the most desirable outcome. The Lead Operations Engineer will lead assignments and also function as a consultant on cross-functional project teams to deliver on a key strategic initiative. This role will validate assumptions, update and apply engineered standards to design process solutions. It will spend time designing proof of concepts, pilot and develop a chain wide roll out strategy focused on adoption of efficiency guidelines and behaviors in stores. The Lead Operations Engineer identifies areas for productivity and process improvement through analysis and modeling, leads events to test and realize process improvements from implemented changes. In this role, you will perform continuous external benchmarking of in store processes to identify synergies, model future retail innovations and build future process roadmaps that leverage AI & automation.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering, Statistics, or Analytics preferred)
- Minimum 6 years of practical experience, including operations, retail or supply chain experiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to lead or influence others
- Strong leadership and conflict management skills
- Strong ability to identify, define and resolve ambiguous problems
- Proven experience in collaborating with and influencing cross functional groups across enterprise
- Ability to build strategic vision and drive organizational change
- Ability to resolve problems that are without clear precedent
- Ability to manage and adjust multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage projects effectively
- Ability to advocate for and present recommendations to senior leaders
- Green Belt Certified and/or demonstrated knowledge in utilizing various engineering optimization methods (Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma)
- Ability to query and extract data using SQL
- Ability to apply basic statistical measures of central tendency and dispersion
- Strong computer skills (MS Office) and ability to adapt quickly to using digital tools
- MBA and/or Master in Engineering Desired
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location.A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $81,300 to $146,400.Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture